Does you Computer have a Floppy drive?

• Yes

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 41.4%

• Total voters

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I've got one and I used to use it a lot to transfer small files to another PC on an irregular basis. But after it seemed that the floppies I wrote weren't readable anymore on other PCs, and I couldn't read floppies not made on this PC, I switched to a USB flash drive. Also, it appears that as the years pass, the data gets more and more corrupted on my floppies to the point of being useless. :(

Bottom line: I have one, but no longer use it.

Tom

Saurian

Say goodbye to airflow :p

The hottest thing in the computer are the heatsinks on the power modules next to the cpu hsf. Honest, if this board supported overclocking - I think I'd be able to do fine. Even when gaming, my heatsink on the cpu has never gotten the slight bit warm. The northbridge stays fairly cool as well, the ram warms up though. :)

pdc76

i have one, probably always will until they have dissappeared off the face of the earth.

besides needing one to install my raid drivers, i use mine to make boot disks when needed to help fixing friends pc's.

also, i have a program which boots from a floppy that repairs (or hides) bad sectors on hard drives. i've never tried it on a thumb drive though.........

if i boot from usb device, it might work. i think i'll try it. :eek:

4W4K3

VIP Member
I haven't needed a floppy in a long time. My laptop deosn't have one. I've got an external drive somewehre but it's not even mine, dunno where it came from.

ultranet

Emm floppy.... I remember this name ...but from where ummmmmmmm....
I am very sure I knew it.. but ahhh i forgot where!!!!...
say how many legs it has and does it lay eggs?