Most epic game?

oregon

I'm curious as to what game you think is the most epic. Not necessarily a great game overall, but just really awesome in some way. My vote would be for Assassin's Creed just because the gameplay mechanics are amazing.

EDIT: Please say why your game of choice is epic!

Last edited:

PabloTeK

For FPS's it'd have to be Painkiller, it's just mindless slaughterfests with AWESOME weapons.

For sandbox games it'd be Vice City, that was really rather well-made and much brighter than any other GTA (and many other) games.

oregon

Anyone who has already posted, please say why it is epic.

Another one I liked... Medal of Honor Allied Assault. I played it awhile ago, but I remember really liking it because of the epic music.

trapar

I would also have to side with Counter Strike:Source. It's an old game and it's actually pretty repetitive(very) but for some reason I just can't stop playing it.

Droogie

I would also have to side with Counter Strike:Source. It's an old game and it's actually pretty repetitive(very) but for some reason I just can't stop playing it.

its awesome yea, but epic? no.

i think the OP was asking what game's storyline do you think is the most epic.

HumanMage

In terms of total sales, the Sims is pretty epic. I read that in it's first week of release, the Sims 3 sold around 1.4 million copies. Legally.

Droogie

In terms of total sales, the Sims is pretty epic. I read that in it's first week of release, the Sims 3 sold around 1.4 million copies. Legally.

halo 3 had something 170 million dollars worth of sales in the first 24 hours, they estimated that it was about 2.48 million copies sold in the first day.

the Halo series are some of the most epic games i've played.

mrjack

VIP Member
One of the classics and one of my all time favorites... Sam & Max: Hit The Road. Or The Secret Of Monkey Island. That reminds me, I should get the Special Edition. :D

A lot of the old adventure games are still really good. LucasArts adventure games are especially good (Loom, Maniac Mansion: Day Of The Tentacle, etc.)

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
halo 3 had something 170 million dollars worth of sales in the first 24 hours, they estimated that it was about 2.48 million copies sold in the first day.

the Halo series are some of the most epic games i've played.

wrath of the lich king sold 2.8 in the first 24 hours, it broke the record for most sales in 24 hours, taking it from burning crusade which sold 2.4 million, so halo must have been less than 2.48 in the first day.

I would probably say the most epic was the original c&c because of what it did for rts games. they were played and known of when c&c was released, but it really brought it right to the forefront of the popular genres and the cutscenes in it are iconic.

It was a toss up between that and warcraft 3 because although it was an rts game they gave such an amazing map maker that for the online games people brought rpg, tps, zombie and were the pioneers of the modern tower defence games. It is epic for its user made content which seemed almost endless, which is an amazing thing to do when the constraints of rts games seem so rigid