Most epic game?

awildgoose

lol, i loved how in the orriginal 3 you could get mew aswell, such a cool pokémon :p

Yeh I know ay, I had all 151 pokemon (still do), good times. Fire Red and Leaf Green were nice to the originals, but not true, they had too many Jhoto pokemon!
Although I still love Gold/Silver and Crystal, they are being re-made :D.

Aastii

VIP Member
Yeh I know ay, I had all 151 pokemon (still do), good times. Fire Red and Leaf Green were nice to the originals, but not true, they had too many Jhoto pokemon!
Although I still love Gold/Silver and Crystal, they are being re-made :D.

gold silver and crystal are amazing because you can do all of the new stuff, aswell as all the rby stuff :D Such a good use of end game stuff

Twist86

+1
Though I have to say that Morrowind is way better than Oblivion but they are both epic games!

Why do you think I said morrowind first ^-^

Currently playing it again....the bug bit me last night....I forgot how many mods this game has geez!

Droogie

wrath of the lich king sold 2.8 in the first 24 hours, it broke the record for most sales in 24 hours, taking it from burning crusade which sold 2.4 million, so halo must have been less than 2.48 in the first day.

well it was an estimate, because there were different versions of the game, some more expensive. so they used an equation to calculate roughly how many copies were sold, based on the 170 million dollars.

and we all know Halo is infinitely times better than WoW anyway :p

tlarkin

VIP Member
I come from an age (I am a geezer compared to some of you) where video games changed exponentially. I've played vector based and text based games and have played fully rendered 3D games with millions of polygons on screen at once.

I think a lot of modern games lack substance, and a lot of it is recycled. Rarely do I latch on to a game and play it again and again over the years. Sure, there are a few old NES games I still like to play, but some of that is more of nostalgia than anything else.

The most 'epic' game(s) I have played is probably Fallout 1 and 2. The story was deep, and had awesome character interactions. In fact if you played it the right way you could talk your way through half the game through the proper conversation choices. It was one of the first games that gave you a full on choice and if you wanted to you could beat the game in 5 minutes, or you could go through every city and quest and beat it in say 5 days (of straight game play).

It had sarcasm, irony, played off pop culture, had great side characters, and had a unique game play of turn based strategy/RPG.

I still every now and then pull out those CDs and install them and play them through. Fallout 3 is a great game but I definitely feel the first two created something that can't be replicated.

The technology is old, and the game play requires invested time as it is turn based but I urge every gamer to pick it up and give it a try.

Aastii

VIP Member
well it was an estimate, because there were different versions of the game, some more expensive. so they used an equation to calculate roughly how many copies were sold, based on the 170 million dollars.

and we all know Halo is infinitely times better than WoW anyway :p

that is the biggest load of bull i have heard all day, halo better than wow my rear end :p

You don't get 10 year olds whining down the mic on wow, and if that happens you can easily get rid of them very swiftly, so they know not to do it if you ever come over a young player, and halo gets repetative very fast and is now being milked way way too much, after halo 2 it was a dead idea, but microsoft persevered because like nintendo, they don't know when to stop, hence microsoft announceing several halo games, nintendo announcing several mario games, see a connection ;) and see that nintendo are becoming the laughing stock of the gaming industry... see another connection ;)

and it is damn hard to type on a laptop, i miss my real computer :p

tlarkin

VIP Member
All MMOs are repetitive and cloned from others. They are all essentially the same thing with different graphics.

salman

Hmmm epicness...
I'd have to say pokemon Blue/red/yellow on the good old Gameboy, I remember the hours I spent playing and how exciting the game was at the time.

Another pretty epic game imo, which many of you may not have heard of or may have forgotten is Golden Sun for the gameboy advance. Has to be one of the most epic games I've played. Here's the wiki if anyone's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun

And where would the world be with Super Mario World for the SNES, this game shouts epic, everything the music, graphics, game play, story.

just a noob

the wolfenstein series, but i also agree with tlarkin on fallout, you just have to play it, and if you really want to have some fun, play with a stupid character if you want to have a really interesting game :p

N3crosis

Hmmm epicness...
I'd have to say pokemon Blue/red/yellow on the good old Gameboy, I remember the hours I spent playing and how exciting the game was at the time.

Another pretty epic game imo, which many of you may not have heard of or may have forgotten is Golden Sun for the gameboy advance. Has to be one of the most epic games I've played. Here's the wiki if anyone's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun

And where would the world be with Super Mario World for the SNES, this game shouts epic, everything the music, graphics, game play, story.

Dude, Golden Sun is my favourite game of all time, and they are re-making it on the DS :D. The first game I ever played was Pokemon Red, and so I'd have to give that the title of the most epic game ever. You could catch every single Pokemon from the show (Mew with the glitch :p), and even battle your friends :p. (Anyone remember the good ol' link cable?)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The Legend of Zelda on NES, it was the first game I ever remember playing that let you 'rebind' a button. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was great as well.

Fallout 1 and 2 were good and Fallout 3 was pretty good at taking the suck out of Oblivion :p

Still have to say the original Legend of Zelda.

salman

Dude, Golden Sun is my favourite game of all time, and they are re-making it on the DS :D. The first game I ever played was Pokemon Red, and so I'd have to give that the title of the most epic game ever. You could catch every single Pokemon from the show (Mew with the glitch :p), and even battle your friends :p. (Anyone remember the good ol' link cable?)

Hell yeah, mmm I think i might have to agree with you there- out of all the games i've ever played Golden Sun is probably the best. Just something about the game, the storyline and gameplay is excellent. Yeah i remember reading something about Golden sun for the DS around the time of E3, I might have to steal my sisters DS for that haha.

The Legend of Zelda on NES, it was the first game I ever remember playing that let you 'rebind' a button. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was great as well.

Fallout 1 and 2 were good and Fallout 3 was pretty good at taking the suck out of Oblivion :p

Still have to say the original Legend of Zelda.

I need to get myself a NES, always wanted to play the original Zelda- I'm a fan of the old fashioned role playing style games.

Think I might ebay the versions of Zelda for the SNES.

elitejp

For fighting games I really think God of war was pretty epic. The story line, the riddles, the ways you could kill people were all just amazing.

Another game fighting game that deserves some accolade is Street Fighter. I remember standing in lines at the arcade waiting and watching poeple play. It was pretty revolutionary for the time because of all the blood in the game.

awildgoose

that is the biggest load of bull i have heard all day, halo better than wow my rear end :p

You don't get 10 year olds whining down the mic on wow, and if that happens you can easily get rid of them very swiftly, so they know not to do it if you ever come over a young player, and halo gets repetative very fast and is now being milked way way too much, after halo 2 it was a dead idea, but microsoft persevered because like nintendo, they don't know when to stop, hence microsoft announceing several halo games, nintendo announcing several mario games, see a connection ;) and see that nintendo are becoming the laughing stock of the gaming industry... see another connection ;)

and it is damn hard to type on a laptop, i miss my real computer :p

Halo was good, but yes Wow is better.
Nintendo is really good, they were the first to make 3D games and mario is kickass. Nintendo almost basically shaped the gaming world today. Yes there were games before them, but they just made the best games; Zelda, Mario, GOLDENEYE!!! and much more.