Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is my ultra n00b pwning gaming computer.

DSCF3945.jpg

Shes a beast :D :good:

meticadpa

What is that giant mouse pad :O!?

(Also, you have like 3 fans on your cpu cooler 0.o?)
It's an XTrac Ripper XXL - the guys at XTrac were kind enough to give one to me. :)

(Explained the fan thing further down the post)
@meticadpa lol. I like the use of books to loft the speakers.
Yes, I needed something to stop vibrations on my desk, and to keep the tweeters at ear height, so that's the perfect solution just now. I'm building stands in school next week, though.
I like the cooling system on the HDDs :p
That's just an 80mm fan screwed in to the HDDs :)
Can't that cooler use push pull? I thought it had mounts for both.
Yeah, it can. But I have a single 38mm fan, but I'm using 2 25mm fan shrouds with it, to eliminate the dead spot of air generated by the fan's hub. This is more effective for me than simply using two fans, and quieter too.

funkysnair

VIP Member
my rig in the making

i7 860
asus p7p55d evo
4gig 1600mhz corsair (in post)
coolermaster 700watt psu
Zalman CNPS9900-NT CPU Cooler
seagate barracuda 500gig hd/40gig hd

still need to buy gpu (s) and ssd

HPIM1016.jpg

HPIM1017-1.jpg

case is just a cheapasse one and was bashed to hell in post so i straightened it all out---\/

HPIM1013.jpg

still looks crap but its not a show off build, it will be tucked away so it wont be seen

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
yeh it looked well messed up...

i was thinking of either
2x gtx460 1gb
2x 6870 1gb
5970 2gb
gtx 480 1.5gb

my mobo when in sli/crossfire is only 8x 8x single slot is 16x, i might just get my cash together and drop a 5970 in there

i dunno, but i dont want to drop anymore than £430 on a gpu setup

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bloody hell funky,Id have returned it even it it was cheap...thats really bad. :eek:

Build looking wicked so far though,as for GPU..If that was my setup Id get the GTX 480 and buy a cheap 9800GT for dedicated physx.
Thats what i was going to do with the 460,But cant be arsed buying another board just for the second Pci-e slot.

funkysnair

VIP Member
if i drop another gpu in both lanes will run at 8x...

what i will do is drop in the gpu and set the cpu for physx, after all im sure to have it pushed up a little :)

even though the i7 860 is on the 1156 platform on stock clocks i think it beats out the i7 920 on the 1366 platform so im more than sure it can handle it

87dtna

x8 isn't a bottleneck for a 460 1gb. It's maxxed out, but not a bottleneck (at stock clocks anyway)

With a 900 core clock overclock, I lost 300 points in vantage by sticking the card in the x8 slot.

The I7's are pretty much the same. The 920 is overall more powerful because of triple channel memory.

funkysnair

VIP Member
Looks good! (other than the "minor" bump) You're putting a fan in that rear cutout aren't you.

yeh i have 4 120mm fans going in there, 2 go in the side, 1 in front and the one at the back

x8 isn't a bottleneck for a 460 1gb. It's maxxed out, but not a bottleneck (at stock clocks anyway)

With a 900 core clock overclock, I lost 300 points in vantage by sticking the card in the x8 slot.

The I7's are pretty much the same. The 920 is overall more powerful because of triple channel memory.

i was led to belive that the tripple channel ram didnt really provide much of a performance increase over dual channel?

im not really botherd as i had 1333mhz in tripple channel with my old rig, now i have 1600mhz in dual channel - im sure i wont notice any performance drop

i could have bought a i7 930 cpu but i didnt see the benifit of going with a socket that cost more for a decent mobo and tripple ram kit.

as long as this sucker doesnt bottleneck like my [email protected] while gaming

87dtna

i was led to belive that the tripple channel ram didnt really provide much of a performance increase over dual channel?

im not really botherd as i had 1333mhz in tripple channel with my old rig, now i have 1600mhz in dual channel - im sure i wont notice any performance drop

i could have bought a i7 930 cpu but i didnt see the benifit of going with a socket that cost more for a decent mobo and tripple ram kit.

as long as this sucker doesnt bottleneck like my [email protected] while gaming

No it's not that big of deal, just some apps or whatever favor high ram bandwidth. But the faster speed will indeed help.

Oh you won't have trouble there. I was seriously disappointed in the gaming ability of an E8400 at 4ghz. CPU usage was quite high, even the I3 whips it in gaming performance.