World of warcraft.

Raditz

Hi. I heard that world of warcraft have to pay every month to play online. Is that true. If anyone out there has wow please respond to me. I really want to play it.

Archangel

VIP Member
thats what i said before i started playing it.. the game is really good tough,and i think its definately worth the monney.

spended about $120 on the game. but, i have a playtime of 19days 12 hours already.. and still havnt completed it :) while most games take 6~15 hours to complete.

Jon Boy

Archangel said:
thats what i said before i started playing it.. the game is really good tough,and i think its definately worth the monney.

spended about $120 on the game. but, i have a playtime of 19days 12 hours already.. and still havnt completed it :) while most games take 6~15 hours to complete.

Well the reason you havnt completed it is becasue you cant lol. Thats what makes it soo addictive. All you do is progress by getting better skills, higher levels(up to 60) and better equipment. And im sure future updates will include new items. So realy your going to keep spending money till your board of it. Personaly I found it to be a waste of my life as you always want to play and is scarily addictive. DONT START IT, it costs wayyyyy too much.

Raditz

Still have one more question. Is bf2 the same thing. Do you have to pay some money a month as well?

JFlo

cause wow has weekly updates and a team that they have to pay making sure the servers are up and running w/ the least posible glitches, and like others said it never ends. Almost all other mmorpgs cost to play except guildwars but guildwars does not considerer themselves as a "mmo"

shupola

JFlo said:
cause wow has weekly updates and a team that they have to pay making sure the servers are up and running w/ the least posible glitches, and like others said it never ends. Almost all other mmorpgs cost to play except guildwars but guildwars does not considerer themselves as a "mmo"

dont mean to hijack a thread, but while we are on the subject, does final fantasy XI charge you to play?

SAD_DC

I use to say that WoW was complete garbage....
(judging from warcraft and diablo 2)
but a friend let me play it and it was kinda nice...
I still would not pay to play but...

if you wanna still play just go to a local best buy...circuit city or w.e
and buy a gameing card for 30$ it lets you play for 2 months w.o the
charge on your credit/debit card......

I would like to play but im more into the fps' and if I do start playing ill become just another statistic that got addicted and I will most likely quit fps' lol

krut

Archangel said:

umm yea lol....ive got over 90 hours on my undead warrior and im only level 28!!! im not even close to being done.....but yeah thats y i love it so much....i hate games that u pay 50 dollars for and then u beat it in a week...this one keeps going and going plus thers an expasnion comming out this summer thats gonna add a BUNCH more content to it. thats y i pay the 15 dollars a month....so i dont pay 100 dollars a month on other games that i beat right away

Otterah

WoW will kill you.. i was the first in my school to get it, then every one else started getting it. A few of my friends may not graduate on time because of all the playing they did and their grades started to go down.. after I left and a few of them left as well, their grades are going back up, but the dmg is done.

Luckily i managed to hold my grades up enough to slide by.. but will I ever go back to WoW? I really dont want to.. I need a new game like a RTS that my friends can get like back when we all played starcraft together.

Starcraft 2 = I WANT IT NOW 3 WC GAMES? WHY?

Getting my first lvl 60 took me 17 in game days /played

lock and a hunter.. lock got all the fel and a few nemesis, but my hunter was my first 60 an he only has his full blue and like 2 tier 1. With some pvp gear in it.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
Otterah said:
WoW will kill you.. i was the first in my school to get it, then every one else started getting it. A few of my friends may not graduate on time because of all the playing they did and their grades started to go down.. after I left and a few of them left as well, their grades are going back up, but the dmg is done.

Well,.. id say blame their own stupidity,.. not the game :-/

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

Luckily i managed to hold my grades up enough to slide by.. but will I ever go back to WoW? I really dont want to.. I need a new game like a RTS that my friends can get like back when we all played starcraft together.

It is funny hearing you talk about WOW as though it where Crack or something. I understand there is such a thing as Game addiction etc. But it's not like you can't just get up and walk away. It is purely a mental addiction and if you are a strong person you can walk away from it. The weak minds always suffer :). Seriously before anyone gets upset think about it. If you still disagree then go ahead and post away. Drug addiction gets you mentally as well as physically. Game addiction is not the same thing.

Lamilia

yes every MMORPG (except guild wars) has a monthly fee. FFXI totally sucks and WoW is addicting and fun. If you want to know why I think FFXI sucks PM me and I will explain.

Otterah

Drug addiction gets you mentally as well as physically. Game addiction is not the same thing.

Game addiction doesnt get you mentaly as well as physicaly?

Hah.. if that is what you meant, I disagree very very much. But, we did quit the game I am not saying we couldnt.. we did, i am just saying in this case that is how extreme peoples addiction got.