$1500 to build new desktop system

34erd

Crossfire, but thats for radeon cards and your motherboard is SLI so you cant utilize it.

You cant use SLI either because thats a radeon card. And you could have gotten a 7800GT which is much better for the money and have been able to SLI it.

Last edited:

wayniac

Have you guys heard what CyberpowerPC is doing? I tried to order a $1500 desktop computer from the MaximumPC Magazine ad (July 06 edition - out on newstands June 6th). They advertised an AMD 4800+ system, Gamer SLI Ultra Elite for $1455 and when I called to buy it - they said the prices wern't valid until next month and I could wait OR pay the current price which just happens to be $150 more! They sure gave me the bait and switch. I tried calling in again on a different model computer offered and got the same answer.

Has anyone else had this happen and can we take some sort of action against this obvious fasle advertising? I have already filed a complaint with the Sales Manager at Maximum PC magazine but haven't heard anything back for 3 days now.

Anyone know any reputable companies offering a deal like this that I can buy from?
Specs:
Nvidia nforce 4 SLI Chipset
Windows XP Media Ed.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
1024 MB RAM DDR2
250MB Hard Drive 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
2 x Nvidia GeForce 7600GS 512MB DDR3 Video Cards
DVD-RW Drive 16X
DVD/CD-RW Drive
Nvidia nForce 7.1 3D Surround Sound Card
600w Speaker & Subwoofer System
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse