1800$ to a computer?

jepp123

Heey
i´m a boy from Denmark there are in that great position, that i have 1800$ to a computer. But I can´t choose wich one. So I hope you can help me.
what the computer needs:
It have to be good at games and be very fast
It have to be got a lot of space for my files i maked in photoshop, Maya and 3ds max.

i hope you can help me

Last edited:

lubo4444

Please post where are you located so people can know from what store to choose the parts for you. :)

Drenlin

What currency do you want to use to buy it?

You listed the 1.8k in dollars...are you in the us or canada currently or did you just convert it?

joeriz9

What currency do you want to use to buy it?

You listed the 1.8k in dollars...are you in the us or canada currently or did you just convert it?

he converted is if he's from denmark.
in denmark they have the danish krone, wich is worth :

1 danish krone = 0.186808 US dollar at the moment.

wich is = 1800:0.186808 = 9635,56 Danish krone

Last edited:

jepp123

yes i can, actually i just bought some football shoes from pro direct soccer wich is coming from the UK.

Drenlin

So roughly 1878 USD / 1992 CAD / 1343 EUR / 1175 GBP

That's a big budget. Better get some questions out of the way.

Would you rather tone the system down and not spend all of it, or spend all of it and build a really amazing system?

Do you need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard? (for gaming you'll want good ones)

What do you want the case to look like? Can you post a few that you like the looks of?

Also, do you any accessories for the case? Maybe a fan controller or a remote?

Any other specific requirements?

edit: some more-
How much RAM do you want? At this price range you're probably going to want a Core i7 rig, which supports triple channel memory. Your logical choices are 3, 6, and 12 GB, though windows 7 home supports up to 16, and most motherboards can handle 24. You need win7 pro for that though.

I'd suggest 6, which would be 160-170 USD. Double it for 12GB.

What version of windows 7 do you want? There are retail and OEM versions of Home Premium, Pro, and Ultimate. OEM means that it's locked to the motherboard that it's first installed on, so you can't change your motherboard without buying windows again. Retail is more expensive but means that you can take it off of one computer/motherboard and move it to another.

Prices:

Home Premium OEM------$105 USD
Pro OEM---------------- $140 USD
Ultimate OEM------------$180 USD

Home Premium Retail-----$185 USD
Pro Retail----------------$275 USD
Ultimate Retail-----------$292 USD

This explains the different versions.
http://cdn2.windows7news.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/windows_7_features.jpg
Ignore Starter, Home Basic, and Enterprise...they're not available publicly.

Last edited:

jepp123

okay Im not that much into computers... i only want the best computer i can get from the 1878$.

It have to be good and run the best games. I will also juse it for work, and you now just surfing around on the net. So it have to be fast. I use programs like 3ds max, photoshop like i road, so it also have to run them perfectly.

I dont wonna build it myself so I buy wont to buy a computer who got it all.

i have 369 to keyboard, monitor and a mouse.

wich version do you think i should pick??

i i dont care a lot of the design i just want a good one.

Last edited:

Drenlin

A lo of that stuff is personal opinion and won't make a big difference on performance. We really need to know some of it, like weather you need the whole thing or just the tower.

The price you'd like would be a nice thing to know , because there's two ways to approach it. We can attempt to fit all the power possible into $1800 and use the entire budget, or we can build a less powerful system but keep costs as low as possible. $1200 might be feasible. It depends on what all you need with the system though. A good monitor, keyboard, and mouse is easily $250, and the operating system varies quite a bit. That's a big difference in what's available to work with.

jepp123

year okay. I want to use all the 1878 on the computer. and then 369$ to the monitor, keyboard, and the system.

Last edited:

Drenlin

year okay. I want to use all the 1878 on the computer. and then 369$ to the monitor, keyboard, and the system.

Just to make sure I'm understanding this right, you want to spend the whole budget on the tower, and another $369 on the monitor, keyboard, and operating system?

What about the mouse?

Im very glad that you wonna help me:D so thanks

No problemo :) :good:

Drenlin

Alrighty then...I'll start looking for things.

I'm assuming the UK would be easiest place to get things from?