2 graphics cards and gaming.

Kerdon

I have 2 graphics cards in my computer both are nvidia Geforce 7600's and a LP NF4 series motherboard. The motherboard has the nForce 4 chipset. what I'm wondering is if having 2 graphics cards is just like having a dual core processor where they just share the load or will they let me play games with better graphics than I could with just one of them?

87dtna

No. After you install both cards, when you enter into the OS you'll have to give it a minute to recognize new hardware. You may have to reboot. After the reboot, just right click on the desktop and go into the Nvidia control panel. On the left hand column there's a menu, and SLI configuration should be one of them. Click on that, then on the right side of the window you'll have to check the box for enable SLI and then apply down at the bottom right. Then you're done!

Kerdon

I don't see any SLI settings under my nVidia control panel. I know I have the cards in and connected to eachother.

87dtna

Can you get a screenshot of the Nvidia control panel for me?

And what operating system are you running?

Last edited:

87dtna

You first need to make sure that your PC is registering both cards. Go into the Device manager, and bring down the Display adapters tab. There should be two, like this-

devicemanager.jpg

If thats correct, and your drivers are correct, you Nvidia control panel should look like this-

SLIconfig.jpg

If it's not correct, and only showing one card, you'll have to try the install new hardware option in the control panel.

Kerdon

I checked my device manager too and it registers them both and they are both active. I'm running windows XP

87dtna

Sounds like you need to re-install drivers then. Are you running the latest 257.21 driver?

http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/

Download it from there and run the install. After a reboot, go into the Nvidia control panel again and it should look just like I showed up there. It will be selected to disable SLI, so then just select maximize 3d performance and click apply down on the lower right hand side then. Done.