2 graphics cards and gaming.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I used to be a DFI freak, there quality has gone down hill in the last few years. I can tell you about the problem your having with the X2 showing on the second PCIe X16 slot. The board has a few PCIe slots that have to share bandwidth. (The AMD nforce 4 only had 20 total) In order to run SLI on the board with both slots a X8 there are jumpers on the board that you have to set (will be labeled on the board what pins to put them on.) This will direct lanes from the X2 and X4 PCIe slots to the second PCIe X16 slot to make it a X8

Last edited:

87dtna

Yeah I agree, DFI not so great anymore. I've owned one 775 board from DFI, it was OK but I liked several other ones better. I'm not typically a fan of Asus, but the P5Q-E was hands down the best 775 board I owned (~6 or 7).

Now I pretty much only buy Gigabyte or ASrock, I've loved everything I've gotten from both of them.

Kerdon

Well the computer was a gift and my mom thinks it's like, top of the line but I know better. but it's all I got and it's good for most of the games I play but most newer games are a negative. It's still got XP lol.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yeah I agree, DFI not so great anymore. I've owned one 775 board from DFI, it was OK but I liked several other ones better. I'm not typically a fan of Asus, but the P5Q-E was hands down the best 775 board I owned (~6 or 7).

Now I pretty much only buy Gigabyte or ASrock, I've loved everything I've gotten from both of them.

I miss some of the gone down brands. Use to use alot of Soyo and Epox boards. Some good overclockers in their day. Company management screwed them up.

Well the computer was a gift and my mom thinks it's like, top of the line but I know better. but it's all I got and it's good for most of the games I play but most newer games are a negative. It's still got XP lol.

DFI are ok boards. They just havent really done much updating on them in a few years. At one time they were one of the best overclockers you could get. Bios options out of the wazoo, even on their lowerend boards.