3 monitor setup off GTX 1050ti

JMcGarva

Hey all. So my current setup is..

AMD FX 8350 black edition
GIBABYTE GA-970A-UD3P
EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Running 3 monitors
1tb HHD
256 GB SSD running windows and gaming only

For some reason after I restarted my computer the other day it randomly wont do anything. Its got power, its running, but nothing is showing up on the screens... Ive done a few trouble shooting tips.. with no fixing it.

Which you can read that post here...
https://www.computerforum.com/threads/pc-powers-on-but-thats-it.241630/

Anyway, I am looking at replacing the mobo because after reading up on different sites, people having the same issue as what i am having, they are saying the mobo is what the problem is...

So my question is, the other mobo I want to replace, is this....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D136EKC/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I just want to make sure my processor will fit which it says it fits the FX series so that should be a problem.

But I was looking at getting the EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 ti...
Amazon has a few different models and I am not sure what the biggest difference is and which is better. My computer has always ran a little warm so I was looking at getting the 2 fan model.. the GTX 1050 ti SSC ACX 3.0

They also have single fan version, the Ti FTW 3.0 and the normal ti single fan.

My GTX 660 is "super clocked" stock, so that is why I was looking at the SC versions of the GTX 550.

My gtx 660 has two DVI - I, one HDMI, and one displayport.

Two monitors run by the DVI - I plugs and one runs off HDMI. Right now I am running 3 seperate screens. None of them display the same thing.

I am looking at doing the same thing with this new GTX 1050, but I only see one DVI - I and one HDMI..

Does the display port run a display? Ive never seen a cord for one of those? But Ive never looked.

So I want to make sure before I buy this GPU, I can run the same setup as I am now.

Also, will this GTX 1050 fit with the mobo I listed above?

Thank you for your time

mistersprinkles

Does the display port run a display? Ive never seen a cord for one of those? But Ive never looked.

^
What does this mean?

You can convert HDMI to DVI with a little dongle they aren't expensive. Yes, displayport runs displayport displays. And yes that motherboard will work with your CPU and the 1050Ti will work with the motherboard.

I would, before you blow money on an extinct and honestly awful platform any further (no offense intended) REALLY make sure you have a dead motherboard. Maybe your CMOS battery is just dead? Etc etc? Lots of things to try.