3dmark 05 problem low score

SuicideMayne

whats up i just ran 3dmark05 and i got 4326 is that norm for my comp because now im depressed HAHA.. if not what can i do to fix this... specs below thanxx

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Also, dont put too much faith in (cough)silly(cough) benchmarks like 3DMark (or benchmarks for that matter) ;) Sure they give you a general picture of your system but a dozen points here and there doesnt mean jack

Praetor said:
Also, dont put too much faith in (cough)silly(cough) benchmarks like 3DMark (or benchmarks for that matter) ;) Sure they give you a general picture of your system but a dozen points here and there doesnt mean jack
very true. They multiply the average frame rate by 800 or something to get your score so even large differences don't make a difference.

kof2000

hmmm my p4 3ghz ht with the 6600gt oc"ed got 6000+ i guess the 10,000 rpm drive helps or something or the dual channel ram

Geoff

VIP Member
Also depends if you have the full version or the trial version, both give different scores. I think that score is right though.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
kof2000 said:
hmmm my p4 3ghz ht with the 6600gt oc"ed got 6000+ i guess the 10,000 rpm drive helps or something or the dual channel ram

Harddrives won't do A THING with video benchmarks. Um...duh, this is video, not access speed :p

But yeah, I can get good enough speeds with my system so I'm not worried about the lower scores. I get 25-40FPS in Doom 3, ultra gfx setting, 4x AA. A steady 60 if I go without AA. So yeah, those benchmarks are cool, but why bother when it's the games that count :rolleyes: