3dmark11 Rank thread

no at that moment the card is not overclocked.
just wanted to now the stock score from the card.
for a overclock I will push also the cpu to the max.

87dtna

huh, I would have expected more improvement than that with the OC on the CPU with it, well it's still enough to bump to you third place.

Last edited:
huh, I would have expected more improvement than that with the OC on the CPU with it, well it's still enough to bump to you third place.

yes my to, I now the max on the core from the card is 1100, the mem I don't now.
on the cpu I can go to 52x its a 55 multi cpu, but then I have to put the vcore to high 1.52.
now the vcore is 1.475 it will do on that vcore also 52.
but for now its oke like this.

87dtna

Yeah you won't see much gain at all with only 25mhz increase on the GPU and 100mhz on the CPU, probably only 100 points or so.

Surprising on that 7950, I've never seen one clock that poorly. Or is that one with no voltage control? The original version was double 6 pin with Volt control, the newer revision is 6+8 pin with locked voltage. Guessing you have a newer one?

Last edited:
Yeah you won't see much gain at all with only 25mhz increase on the GPU and 100mhz on the CPU, probably only 100 points or so.

Surprising on that 7950, I've never seen one clock that poorly. Or is that one with no voltage control? The original version was double 6 pin with Volt control, the newer revision is 6+8 pin with locked voltage. Guessing you have a newer one?

yes I have 6+8 and voltage control.
but its still pour, my friend has exactly the same, and his goes on the core to 1200.
and 1500 mem.

87dtna

the 6+8 has no voltage control. Perhaps it's allowing you to move the voltage slider but not actually changing the voltage. Check in GPUz.

PCunicorn

A little off topic, but still the same topic of the thread. How do points work in 3DMark? Like is 1000 points a ton, or just a few percent? What about 10 points, or 100?

87dtna

1000 points would be a fairly decent increase. Typically you can gain around 500-1000 points from overclocking a single card. All depends on the GPU you have in the first place.

yep the 20 points are for the backplate hahaha.
in this one the 3 points are for the plate.
oke new score, still not sure if its the max, still dident give the card extra voltage.

so after a bit testing I no now the max oc.
I think its not that bad, for this card.
I used the 3d mark 11 beta, also good for windows 8.1
I dident use different settings in the control panel of NVidia.

PCunicorn

1000 points would be a fairly decent increase. Typically you can gain around 500-1000 points from overclocking a single card. All depends on the GPU you have in the first place.

So a 7950 too 7970 or something like that is going to be a lot more than 1000 points?

bomberboysk

Last edited:

Gooberman

I hope the 290x goes down to it's regular price when i actually get some money, stupid miners buying them all :( lol

bomberboysk

I hope the 290x goes down to it's regular price when i actually get some money, stupid miners buying them all :( lol

Heh, mine have both paid for themselves and then some mining. My advice would be to watch amazon, that's where I picked up my Sapphire for MSRP. The available supply should increase in the next few months though, as ASICs for Scrypt mining will start to be released.