3dmark11 Rank thread

kobaj

VIP Member
I don't know what compelled me to run it again. But eh, New CPU:

9To6H.png

87dtna

Weird, you didn't gain much at all going to a quad....because your card is now overclocked which helped the most probably.

kobaj

VIP Member
Weird, you didn't gain much at all going to a quad....because your card is now overclocked which helped the most probably.

Yeah, that certainly was a disappointment on my end. With just the new cpu and no gpu overclock I got 3557. A measly 400 points higher by going to quad AND overclocking the hell out of said quad. Yet a pathetic 200mhz boost on the gpu would net me the same 400 points!

But, I think futuremark aims at gpu benches and not so much cpu.

To me though, all that matters is crysis 2. With my e8400 I couldn't really run it too well. 30fps maybe. But with the q9450 I can do 90fps easy. :3

87dtna

updated. Skidude you need to take off speedstep so cpuz shows proper speed.

Fury you could easily overclock the ram on the GPU to 1100 and get another couple hundred points. With that, and if you took the CPU to 3.8ghz you may crack 4000.

FuryRosewood

ill take a look, if i can keep the ram stable on the gpu i may try, im hesitant to run ram out of spec after having such bad luck with it ._.

3DMark%20FuryRosewood%20Dec%206%202011.png

-Managed 1950...about 975 on ram, at 2000 it spat out 1 error, at 2100 it spat out 176 of em, within seconds, used OCCT to verify settings. Will attempt cpu later...just is more of a hassle to boost the clockrate there, and id like to keep C&Q working...i want it to be a daily overclock :)

Last edited:

Darkserge

I tried benchmark it, it went through on Graphic benchmark, but it crashed on my CPU benchmark.
Edit: it fixed after install patches. Here my score.

Mark3D11.png

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Can I post my results? But I'm just started as member... I want to compete with you guys when I got my hd6870 be crossfired ;P

87dtna

Get a new one lol. 4870 X2 is a power hog and a furnace to heat your house plus I had micro stutter in games when I tried one.

wolfeking

banned
not really. You could pick up a HD 5870 for $190 or so if i remember right. Should perform about the same, and is DX11. Then your open to CF later if you have the port for it.

Geoff

VIP Member
not really. You could pick up a HD 5870 for $190 or so if i remember right. Should perform about the same, and is DX11. Then your open to CF later if you have the port for it.
So I would pay $190 just for DX11 support? If I were going to buy a new video card I'd get one that had a significant performance improvement ;)

wolfeking

banned
okay, The only reason I see to go to a 5870 is it kicks the arse of the 6870. What I would suggest is a GTX560ti. Don't know how good it is to the 5870 and 4870 x2, but would definitely slaughter a strait 4870.