3dmark11 Rank thread

wolfeking

banned
you got any idea how to disable that power saving mode?
To be honest, no I do not. I set it to high performance, but it did not help. There is a way I am sure of it, but I don't know how. If I had Afterburner still installed I could set the clocks to max stock speed and hit apply and it would be good. But I do not have it here to install to do that.

As for your speeds in GPUz, there might be 2 things going on there. Power Stepping. Basically if your are not gaming, it will downclock to save power. or you may have a card that is factory downclocked for some reason.

wolfeking

banned
you are overclocked so better to disable it. But Intel Speedstep and AMD cool and quiet will not affect the clock rates of the GPU.

wolfeking

banned
It is most likely there. I will check when I get home at or about 1200 hours EST and see. I am not seeing anything on Nvidia Control Panel here though.

wolfeking

banned
hmm... Do you know what the stock speeds are supposed to be? If so, download MSI afterburner and set the sliders to stock and hit apply. then go back to GPUz and see if it shows the right speeds.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
from 2600k = 3400mhz
hd6870 = 900mhz gpu clock, 1050 mem clock

I can see in amd overdrive that when I do something graphically, it jumps from the 100 mhz to the right clock

wolfeking

banned
Well, we are working on the graphics card here, so not really worried about your CPU at all.
okay, so it will go to the right speeds under load? if so, then we have narrowed it down to a powersave feature.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
yeah like a said, but I gonna disable the speedstep tech and see if it's changed.
Because I can't find it in catalyst

87dtna

Yeah the split second to throttle the CPU back up isn't worth the power savings. Probably costs about $1 extra a month on the power bill if that.

87dtna

Hey was my entry big enough to read? If not then how do I make it bigger?

Well I can just barely make it out, but I don't know what CPU overclock and voltage because it's throttled down.

There's a setting in photobucket that can increase the max size of an upload. It automatically scales the pic down to 1024x768 default. Go to your account settings (top right click up your username- account settings), then click on the ''Album settings'' tab, and then beside Upload options click on ''View upload options'' which will pop up a box that lets you select your max upload size. The max upload size for a free account is 2048x1536 but thats plenty large for anyone because most people don't even have more than 1920x1080 monitors anyway.

Last edited:

JLuchinski

Awesome, thanks.

Untitled-1.png
[/IMG]