4890 vs 5850

87dtna

I think it was. Why? Well, if it wasn't then you should have understood that it might have been a typo.

Actually, now that I had a minute to think about it, it is wrong.

Tessellation is a hardware feature. Like I wouldn't say that a game is ''physX'd''.

Ryeong

Actually, now that I had a minute to think about it, it is wrong.

Tessellation is a hardware feature. Like I wouldn't say that a game is ''physX'd''.

tessellated and tessellation means the same thing, nothing wrong there.

Now i'll learn you another thing:

You can't bend the word physx. But you can bend Tessellation to Tessellated by replacing ion' with ed. Because Tessellated is the past tense of Tessellation.

There is no past tense of Physx. Because Physx is not really a word, just check the dictionary... It's something Nvidia made up from physics..(duh)

Drenlin

Side-note:

Have you guys looked at the resolutions that some of those tests are done at? Most people don't have monitors that go above 1080p...much less 2560x1600. Heck, mine only goes to 1280x1024. If those cards can manage playable frame rates like that, then I'm sure that at lower resolutions, none of them could be called "crappy" when referring to performance in modern games.

Last edited:

Ryeong

Side-note:

Have you guys looked at the resolutions that some of those tests are done at? Most people don't have monitors that go above 1080p...much less 2560x1600....

Too true! No, i really didn't.. I like to see it at the highest ress, because the %-difference is really showing.

I have one question. How much fps difference is it from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080?

Aastii

VIP Member
Was a typo. Now let me learn you guys something..

"The DX11 game is tessellated"

"The DX11 game consists of heavy tesselation"

tessellated and tesselation is the same word. But, you must use the word differently depending on the sentence as a whole.

Google em' up and you'll see.

When someone was able to do something you say: He did it, not he do it..

Did and do means the same thing. Did is the past tense of do..

reread what you put and see if you can spot the irony in you trying to teach grammar (PLEASE NOBODY POINT IT OUT TO HIM UNLESS HE CAN'T FIND IT)

Now try, please, to understand why people take you as someone with an overinflated ego, with a lack of understanding in alot of what you should say, and why alot of us think that instead of talking about things you don't know, you should learn from those with a greater understanding and more experience

this is just one example, and you have had people say this to you several times now, in different ways, but along the same lines

Ryeong

reread what you put and see if you can spot the irony in you trying to teach grammar (PLEASE NOBODY POINT IT OUT TO HIM UNLESS HE CAN'T FIND IT)

Now try, please, to understand why people take you as someone with an overinflated ego, with a lack of understanding in alot of what you should say, and why alot of us think that instead of talking about things you don't know, you should learn.

this is just one example, and you have had people say this to you several times now, in different ways, but along the same lines

typo:

When a guy was able to achieve something you say: He did it, not he do it..

I'm from Norway. English is a foreign language for me.. When i try to explain something, i must think what i'm about to say in Norwegian first then write it in English. If i'm not able to find the correct word then you'll misunderstand me. You're from UK, please take it easy. I can't compete against somone with English as their native language..

Edit: Also, Google translate fails deluxe..

Last edited:

87dtna

*sigh* you are impossible.

So why, in your original statement'', is it past tense? ''DX11 tessellated games''. Tessellated here is being used as an adjective, describing DX11....and that doesn't make any sense.

yeah, just like understandment isn't a word right? :rolleyes:

And now you are complaining because english isn't your native language....WTF! You keep going around correcting everyone's english. I got some good english words for you...but I'd get banned and you definitely aren't worth it.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member

typo:

When a guy was able to achieve something you say: He did it, not he do it..

I'm from Norway. English is a foreign language for me.. When i try to explain something, i must think what i'm about to say in Norwegian first then write it in English. If i'm not able to find the correct word then you'll misunderstand me. You're from UK, please take it easy. I can't compete against somone with English as their native language..

no, that isn't it, it is a gramatical error, not spelling. I understand english is not your spoken language, my point wasn't that you made a mistake, we all do, nobody is perfect, it is that you aren't always right, and when faced with overwhelming proof against what you are saying, the reason there is overwhelming proof against it is because you are wrong. Yea it is sometimes embarassing and hard to admit you are wrong, but it makes you out as less of a tool than constantly trying to be right or thinking you are right

Ryeong

*sigh* you are impossible.

So why, in your original statement'', is it past tense? ''DX11 tessellated games''. Tessellated here is being used as an adjective, describing DX11....and that doesn't make any sense.

yeah, just like understandment isn't a word right? :rolleyes:

You're from Pennsylvania, that's in America...

^Can you read the two last sentences i wrote in the previous message :eek:

Ryeong

no, that isn't it, it is a gramatical error, not spelling. I understand english is not your spoken language, my point wasn't that you made a mistake, we all do, nobody is perfect, it is that you aren't always right, and when faced with overwhelming proof against what you are saying, the reason there is overwhelming proof against it is because you are wrong. Yea it is sometimes embarassing and hard to admit you are wrong, but it makes you out as less of a tool than constantly trying to be right or thinking you are right

I really try my best. But, i tend to misunderstand when somone is trying to be sarcastic or something. After that point, i might lead myself in the wrong direction, having a constant belief that i'm on track when i'm clearly not. I'm sorry. :(

Edit: That way it looks like all of you are constantly wrong..

Aastii

VIP Member
I really try my best. But, i tend to misunderstand when somone is trying to be sarcastic or something. After that point, i might lead myself in the wrong direction, having a constant belief that i'm on track when i'm clearly not. I'm sorry. :(

Edit: That way it looks like all of you are constantly wrong..

Just about all 400 series threads come to mind, what people are saying isn't sarcasm, it is fact :rolleyes:. By all means have an opinion, I prefer the 5000 series cards over the 400 series, both have pro's, both have con's, nvidia does have more power for the higher end cards, they also have more price, and generally nowhere near the price/performance as ATi, so for someone on a budget, are the better option because they will still play every single game out just fine, but might drop up to 5 fps.

Now I will teach you something. The mistake was:

You don't learn someone something, you teach them.

the person giving the knowledge teaches
The person acquiring knowledge learns

Ryeong

Just about all 400 series threads come to mind, what people are saying isn't sarcasm, it is fact :rolleyes:. By all means have an opinion, I prefer the 5000 series cards over the 400 series, both have pro's, both have con's, nvidia does have more power for the higher end cards, they also have more price, and generally nowhere near the price/performance as ATi, so for someone on a budget, are the better option because they will still play every single game out just fine, but might drop up to 5 fps.

Now I will teach you something. The mistake was:

You don't learn someone something, you teach them.

the person giving the knowledge teaches
The person acquiring knowledge learns

Damn, that's so obvious.. In fact, i know that.. But there you see, it happens. In Norwegian you only say "i'll learn you this" or "learn me". I know that's wrong in English. You use "teach"..

Thats so embarrassing.. I was taught that in 5th grade.. what a shame :eek:
(hides the dictionary)

BigSteve702

My friend has a 5850 on a 1080p tv, and he is NOT pleased with the results in games such as Just cause 2, BC2 etc etc in 1920x1080..

Edit: Sure if drooling around with 30-35 fps is okay for you then it's not a problem. I think 60 fps in a game is good..

idk man, im playing bc2 maxed in 1080 around 75 fps with my 275.... so if mine can do that pretty well, the 285 will do it better, and the 5850 poops on it. how could someone NOT be pleased with the performance of a 5850?

BigSteve702

tessellated and tessellation means the same thing, nothing wrong there.

You can't bend the word physx. But you can bend Tessellation to Tessellated by replacing ion' with ed. Because Tessellated is the past tense of Tessellation.

There is no past tense of Physx. Because Physx is not really a word, just check the dictionary... It's something Nvidia made up from physics..(duh)

you must be the smart guy in your group of friends.

Aastii

VIP Member
idk man, im playing bc2 maxed in 1080 around 75 fps with my 275.... so if mine can do that pretty well, the 285 will do it better, and the 5850 poops on it. how could someone NOT be pleased with the performance of a 5850?

5850 plays BC2 just fine. There is ofcourse the bug that Dice know and are fixing that load times with an ATi card are insane compared to nvidia, but on the following system:

Asus M4A79XTD EVO
AMD Phenom II 955BE
2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz
2x500GB WD Caviar black RAID 0
Asus HD5850

it plays BC2 on full settings on 1080p, DX11 at 45fps+

Ryeong

Enable 16xAF and 4xAA and HBAO. you won't have 75 fps after that with a single GTX 275, it's impossible.. Not even 5850 in any benches reach so high FPS with those settings :rolleyes:

I'll say go for 5850 of those two. But i think i ended the discussion in this thread a long time ago, didn't i?

funkysnair

VIP Member
hey i just unlocked the bios on the 5850, bring on the water cooling and the extreme clocks!!

5850.png

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
NICE funkay!!!!!!

Its running cool too aswell isnt it idle....my 4890 is running 59c idle here lol