4GB Ram installed by 3.5 usable.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
My machine is Win7, won't install.

@S.T.A.R.S. what do you mean by model number? Where can I find that?

I mean on a small paper stick on the motherboard on which the number is written.It looks like this:
17-intel-motherboard-model.jpg

Okedokey

Ive already looked into this, there is no option in the bios, nothing in the manual and no bios updates. Contact HP.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Well it doesn't have to neccessary BE a paper stick.Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not.In your case the number can be written directly on the motherboard.So give us that.

By the way IF your motherboard supports up to "only" 3.5 GB of RAM,don't complain lol.Mine supports up to 1.5 max and I have only 512 MB in lol.And guess what lol...it is DDR 1.Not 2 or 3 or even 4 xD

Okedokey

The mobo supports up to 4GB, however th bios is limited. The best he can hope for is to flash the bios with a non-hp version to unlock memory mapping functionality, however this is not recommended.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
The mobo supports up to 4GB, however th bios is limited. The best he can hope for is to flash the bios with a non-hp version to unlock memory mapping functionality, however this is not recommended.

If his motherboard DOES support 4 GB of RAM memory then I agree with your idea.Only he must be careful to not do it wrong otherwise he is fuc!!ed up lol :D

Amplified

Hey, since HP support is crappy and my computer is out of warranty, I spoke to a bestbuy Geek Squad member and they suggested that I flash my BIOS. Can you guys help me with that?