600W Atx PSU problem? HELP!

CS5n531

I think I will send it back, because the case plugs are in the correct place.

Ill just get a new board, can you help me find an actual good one thats compatable for about the same price ($124.99) on newegg.com?

I really do appreciate the help, btw ;]

CS5n531

Any boards that might fit in my situation? :] Want it to be 100% compatable.

When returning my MOBO, do I chat with the company, or newegg about returns?

CS5n531

While reviewing my MOBO's cable connectors, I noticed that I couldnt find anything for the speaker section. Sorry for the size of the images, here:

2eaqy40.jpg

4bqb4w5.jpg

I dont see any of thoes cables from my case

Kornowski

VIP Member
I don't think the speaker wire is needed, I doubt it would stop your computer from starting up.

I really don't know what it is... :confused:

StrangleHold

Staff member
You sure you have the CPU fan pluged into the right connector, It looks like it should be in the white connector right above where its pluged in now. Some boards wont boot if it doesnt detect a CPU fan!

CS5n531

You sure you have the CPU fan pluged into the right connector, It looks like it should be in the white connector right above where its pluged in now. Some boards wont boot if it doesnt detect a CPU fan!

There is nothing above it, but there is a "PWR_FAN" to the right of it. The place the Heatsink is plugged into now is the only place with four pins I found on my MOBO that was for a fan. Any place specifically I should maybe try to plug it into?

CS5n531

Wait a minute.. so I have it plugged into the red circled area on this picture. Isn't that where it is supposed to be?

Kornowski

VIP Member
It looks about the only place to plug it in, you could buy a 3 pin to 4 pin molex convertor and that way you would know the CPU fan is getting power?

CS5n531

How much do thoes run for? Arent the ATX PSU's ment to work perfectly with ATX Motherboards? I wouldnt have thought this was necessary

StrangleHold

Staff member
You dont need one, the 4 pins on the motherboard are keyed so you can plug a 3 pin cpu fan in it to. Plus its pluged into the right place. Does the cpu fan spin when you hit the power button?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I would see if you can send it back, see if they can send you another one, then you'll know if it's the motherboard.

Kornowski

VIP Member
They'd probably be plugged into the MOBO wouldn't they, he only has 2 fan connectors on the MOBO and most fans now use 4 pin Molex connectors.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Just a wild shot, your Power switch and reset switch, turn them around on the pins on the board, I dont mean swap them just turn them . Think the ground is on the right pin, power left pin.

CS5n531

Tryed, still nothing :X

I wouldn't think the mother board is the problem just from the LED light that turns on when the PSU is on.