64 bit processor, 32 bit Windows?

jshpik1

If the power supply is insufficient it could cause the computer to freeze? or get a blue screen?

I downloaded core temp and the temp hovers at around 48C with a couple application running (a game and some other things). Mother Board Monitor was obviously wrong lol.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah that temp would be about right lol. Does it normally only crash during stress like games? By crashing do you mean a complete shutdown? freeze? blue screen?

jshpik1

It's a complete freeze most of the time. What ever is on the screen just freezes and I can't do anything, the computer is still on and everything. Rarely I'll get a blue screen though. Can't remember what the errors are. I don't think it's ever crashed when I didn't have a game going.

Last edited:

jshpik1

How would I check to see if there's something wrong with a hard drive? Is it possible it could over heat or there's something wrong with it which causes freezing?

jshpik1

I have installed windows on another partition... Computer was running great on this other operating system. For awhile anyway. Then it froze. Now once BIOS finishes it's processes it says error loading operating system... I'm 100% sure I had all the most current drivers installed.

2048Megabytes

This is is very likely not a hard drive issue. I found something in one of my Comptias A+ manuals that may possibly help you:

Parity Errors During the Boot Process

Check BIOS settings to ensure that parity checking has not been enabled with non-parity memory cards installed.

If the parity error always occurs at the same address, there is likely to be a hardware fault with the memory. You can check this by booting several times to ensure that the error is always at the same address. If so, you should replace the memory modules.