7950gt - 8800

Kornowski

VIP Member
Would it really be worth it, in a few months, after Christmas, I'd be thinking of upgrading?

Along with Vista and another 2GB of RAM.

wungoodshu

Personally, I wouldn't, but money is a big factor for me. If money doesn't bother you, upgrades are always nice. =/

chupacabra

You would see a bit diff, but then again here would probably be newer cards better than the existing ones by that time

Kornowski

VIP Member
I was looking at the 8800GTS 640MB, but like you've said, they may be new cards out in Feb next year, I guess I'd have to see...

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes i say its worth it because more games will become DX10 and obviusly you want the best dont you Danny?:D

at the moment i dont know when to get my new rig...because i want to know how much amds quads are going to be ££££££:mad:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, DX10 is a bit reason! Especially when I get Vista too! Yeah, of course :p

I'd get an Intel Quad Shane, to be honest, I wouldn't wait around to be dissapointed...

Kornowski

VIP Member
digitalstu_g80ultra_sli.jpg

*whimpers* :eek:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
, to be honest, I wouldn't wait around to be dissapointed...

well you could be right mate...we just dont know.

for all we know AMDs quad could kill intels but obviusly theyre going to cost alot.

sorry to hijack your thread danny ive gone off topic here.
should have discussed this in a pm:D

damn those Ultras are big lol...i wonder what the power consumption from just those two would be lol

cost a furtune to run with uk electricity bill prices.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm going to OC, pretty soon, don't worry! :p

Shane, I wouldn't wait around for AMD, I'd go for the Intel Quad Core, the price is excellent right now! :D

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
If you got the money to burn, i might would do it. In a couple months ill have me a 8800GTS 640mb :D then maybe in january i can SLI them suckers :D

From benchmarks the 8800 seems to be a nice improvement from a 7950gt

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, it'll probably be worth it.

Edit: I want to upgrade from my 7950 gx2

That's an awesome card isn't it, close to the 8800 aint it?

If you got the money to burn, i might would do it. In a couple months ill have me a 8800GTS 640mb then maybe in january i can SLI them suckers

From benchmarks the 8800 seems to be a nice improvement from a 7950gt

I don't have it, but I can save up :p Nice, That's the one I want, the 640mb one.

I don't benchmark, so that doesn't matter to me, I do like the look of DX10 though ;)

Kornowski

VIP Member
That's true!
If I got one, I'd need a new PSU, preferably modular and not too expensive :p I don't think my Antec Earthwatts 380watt could cut it :p

but a $50 ultra psu would :D

$400 vid card + $50 PSU = a buttload of paranoia and could result in problems I would go at least until I could find something like this and if you get something like this, that's durable and reliable, it doesn't become crap too quickly... I have noticed that with my older PSU's and when I bought this HX520W. My older ones I modded until I got tired of them and I finally trashed them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010