8800GTX and dual core 3.0ghz

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
im wanting to buy a new gaming computer, i just want to know if i buy a 8800GTX and dual core 3.0ghz they will give me the performance i want for up coming games, and i will get 2 or 4 gigs of ram
1. "the upcoming games" which games did you have in mind? I can make an 8800GTX+3GHz C2D cry on old games
2. 2GB and 4GB very different. Pick one.

so whats the E6600 not overclocked? 2.8ghz
2.13GHz

2.6 I think extremely easy to overclock to 3 can probaly do with stock cooling
close

Maybe dual xeons 3 ghz athough that would be qaud core. Could also be a pentium d.
Yes but going SMP would involve server boards which then would invovle server ram which is messy

Dude, GHz doesnt matter any more. Now a days speed is deturmind by the CPU's pipelines, in other words, the shorter the pipe lines
Um. GHz still matters! It's just that its not the entire story anymore (i.e., 4GHz Kentsie versus stock Kentsie, big difference). As for pipelines ... for all current-production chips, the pipelining is essentially the same.

yeah isnt that because its not dual core?
"that"?

Like a Core 2 Duo E6300 1.84GHz, can easily out preform a P4 3Ghz.
Yes but a Core2 Duo E6400 will easily outperform a Core2 Duo E6300 ;)

erm, were do you hear these bad things about them, or is this just another way to get your post count up?
You hear them all the time ... "alienware crap this alienware crap that" ... but what people forget to mention is you hear that about EVERYONE.

Just ask a few people here who have delt with them. Most say their horrible.
Considering Alienwares are essentially off-the-shelf-parts with some fancy case + wiring, it's safe to assume most of the "horrible" experiences are PEBKAC and thus eliminates the significance of user feedback....

Well, like a thread I made before (A while ago) "Would YOU buy an Alienware Computer?" One guy even talked on how his laptop actually falls apart!
ONE person hardly constitutes majority ;)

Alienware wanted $5500 for what I could build for $2800
Assuming of course you value your labor and tech @ $0

its an computer buying site gezzz
Actually....
uhdx2.jpg