A Couple Problems, Urgent-ish

gamblingman

VIP Member
Are you sure it is connected correctly? And have you tried connecting the monitor to another computer, or even a gaming console to see if it displays correctly on a different device other than your computer?

Needhelpplease

Are you sure it is connected correctly? And have you tried connecting the monitor to another computer, or even a gaming console to see if it displays correctly on a different device other than your computer?

It's definitely connected correctly. I guess I can try connecting it to another computer, is this to see if it's a problem with my monitor?

soflanetworking

try changing the resolution to a lower settings, or even unistall the video drivers.

If you cant see anything to do these options, boot into safe mode, and remove the video drivers

right click on computer, select manage

device manager
video
right click and unistall
reboot, you should be able to adjust the resolution and the drivers should re-install correctly

Needhelpplease

try changing the resolution to a lower settings, or even unistall the video drivers.

If you cant see anything to do these options, boot into safe mode, and remove the video drivers

right click on computer, select manage

device manager
video
right click and unistall
reboot, you should be able to adjust the resolution and the drivers should re-install correctly

No resolution really works besides my native one. I reinstalled my drivers like you suggested, and now I have a black bar on the right side of my screen and the left side of my screen is cut off. It's not blurry, though :p. I've tried the "adjust desktop size and position" tool on the Nvidia control panel (the one with the green arrows) but it doesn't work.
How can I get rid of the black bar?

soflanetworking

Unistall the GeForce driver package from Add/remove programs, or unistall in newer windows.

reboot

when computer asks you to install drivers just cancel windows driver wizard.

what does the screen look like? Black bar still?

Download a different driver than the one you had

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

either the newest or an archived one.

Reinstall the software package.

Needhelpplease

Unistall the GeForce driver package from Add/remove programs, or unistall in newer windows.

reboot

when computer asks you to install drivers just cancel windows driver wizard.

what does the screen look like? Black bar still?

Download a different driver than the one you had

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

either the newest or an archived one.

Reinstall the software package.

How do I download different drivers? Can't tell sorry

Last edited:

Needhelpplease

I completely uninstalled my graphics card drivers and I still have the black bar. In addition, I can't even set my computer to its native resolution unless I have them installed. I'm starting to think it's a problem with just having my monitor hooked up to my graphics card with the VGA to DVI adapter (my graphics card uses DVI output and my monitor uses VGA). I didnt have this problem when I just had my monitor connected to my computer's VGA slot.

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Does your monitor have settings like on a t.v to push the image over? I would try that...but not sure though...

Aastii

VIP Member
Firstly, what are your complete system specs, not just the video card. Specifically, what power supply are you using?

Secondly, what monitor are you using? If you don't know complete specs, what is the manufacturer/model of it?

Finally, to download + install your drivers:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

go to that link and select your graphcs card model and OS. Download the drivers but do not install yet.

Download driver sweeper from here:

http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-1-0/Installer.html

install it, but do not run it yet.

Go to control panel > Programs and Features and find an entry called Nvidia graphics driver <driver version> where driver version is a number. Uninstall this, but do not restart when prompted.

Go to start > all programs > phyxion.net > driver sweeper.

Make sure that Nvidia - Display is checked and only this box, all others should be left blank. Click Clean, then click ok, let it run then restart your computer when prompted.

Once rebooted, you may find your screen "larger" than it was before as the resolution is lower. If it is, this is normal. Go to the download location of the drivers that we got before, and install them. Restart when prompted.

Done

Needhelpplease

Firstly, what are your complete system specs, not just the video card. Specifically, what power supply are you using?

Secondly, what monitor are you using? If you don't know complete specs, what is the manufacturer/model of it?

Finally, to download + install your drivers:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

go to that link and select your graphcs card model and OS. Download the drivers but do not install yet.

Download driver sweeper from here:

http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-1-0/Installer.html

install it, but do not run it yet.

Go to control panel > Programs and Features and find an entry called Nvidia graphics driver <driver version> where driver version is a number. Uninstall this, but do not restart when prompted.

Go to start > all programs > phyxion.net > driver sweeper.

Make sure that Nvidia - Display is checked and only this box, all others should be left blank. Click Clean, then click ok, let it run then restart your computer when prompted.

Once rebooted, you may find your screen "larger" than it was before as the resolution is lower. If it is, this is normal. Go to the download location of the drivers that we got before, and install them. Restart when prompted.

Done

I'll try all of this and then post my specs and whatnot if it doesn't work :)