A few problems

So when i start my pc it would tell me to do chkdsk but would fail because of problems with the c drive, then when i tried system restore it wouldn't work because of problems on the c drive.

i then put windows 7 cd in an the chkdsk fixed some problems, then when i started my PC my graphics card wasn't been recognised so i tried system restore but ended up getting bsod in the process.

now whenever i start my PC i get bsod when windows is loading, i took my graphics card out but i still get it.

is it my hard drive? or any solutions guys?

thanks as always

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Your hard drive is most likely on its way out. You're going to want to stop using this drive, save any data you need, and replace the drive.

spirit

Staff member
Back up any data you need and get a new drive. Sounds like your current disk is on the way out.

So why didn't the graphics card work, couldn't it load the drivers from the hard drive?

I've been wanting to get a SSD for awhile guess I need to get one now

so guys, i got a new hard drive.. an ssd.

i removed my old hard drive but im still getting bsod screens after my pc has been running. they appear randomly.

i thought it might be my core unlocker on my motherboard but i turned that off and was still getting them.

any help please?

Twiki

It sound like data corruptions so it can be the drive or the mems.

If you have more than one stick of rams try one stick at a time.

Ok so now after testing a stick or ram I took it out and put the other one. Then it started to smell when I put the other one in. I think there was a little pop sound but I'm not sure if it was my pc. There wasn't any smoke or anything like that just a weird smell

Now when I try turn it on a red light is constantly lit on the motherboard and the computer doesn't proceed in starting up.

The first stick of ram I tested was fine though

ok so i found out its the dram led that stays on constantly.

there is a green led on the motherboard too, all the fans and gpu start running.

it just doesn't proceed to start up, so i think its either the motherboard or the RAM that aren't working..

i tried pressing memok button but that doesn't do anything, it just goes back to the red led after flashing.

any help please guys, this is frustrating after just buying a new ssd and that not really being the problem

Twiki

IIRC pushing that memory buttom puts it through a series of tests until it find a compatability mode for it but I think it should show on the screen asking you to restart til it's done.

nothing appears on screen..

it was working fine with the same ram before, i was just testing each ram stick.. then it just stopped working..

i tried:

taking out graphics card - didn't work
trying single sticks of ram - didn't work
tried both sticks of ram in each slot (blue, black) - didn't work

ordered new RAM i'll try that out tomorrow when it arrives

hopefully that's the problem so i don't have to mess around with sending off the motherboard..

If anyone else has any suggestions it would be appreciated

Possibilities are that it could be the motherboard or RAM in my opinion

okay so the new RAM didn't work, i'll be buying a new motherboard next week and i'll send off my old one hopefully.

any suggestions of what to get price budget 60-100ish

am3 cpu