a file...that isn't a file :S:S

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Boot into safe mode and try and delete it. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Then find the file, and delete like normal.

Bobo

banned
Jerkstore said:
stop downloading viruses and blaming your sister

You need to stop giving sarcastic answers and try to actually help someone once in a while

Is that picture what you get when you right click it in windows explorer? Or another program? And what is the site where the file is? Or is it not even legal :eek:

Jerkstore

if you still can't delete it then boot into safemode with dos prompt and delete it there

he's already got the answers to delete the file

People need to learn how to use google and learn on their own...no one holds your hand in the real world, my friend.

The_One

might be a binded trojan or virus. Google is your best friend if you don't find your answer here.

Bobo

banned
*off topic*
Jerkstore said:
People need to learn how to use google and learn on their own
Yes, I know, and Google is my best friend too, but that doesn't mean that we can't just be nice and help one another once in a while
*end off topic*

I would say that the file is corrupt or nonexistant, or that you have a virus. Run an antivirus program.

Jerkstore

end off topic??

there's a million ways to delete a file that windows won't let you touch
boot up a live linux distro and delete it (guaranteed to work)

...and delete your boot.ini too

lethalforce

Jerkstore said:
end off topic??

there's a million ways to delete a file that windows won't let you touch
boot up a live linux distro and delete it (guaranteed to work)

...and delete your boot.ini too
wow your a dip shit, if he knew what you just stated he wouldn't be asking it on a forum

Jerkstore

lol

If he took a little time and effort to type in the keywords in his post into google, he would have fixed his problem days ago.

You think this is the only computer forum on the net??
You think this question has never been asked before??

He could have searched this forum itself and found the answer...except everyone these days needs someone to hold their hand and they just go crying to mommy when they don't know what to do.

Welcome to the real world gentleman...good luck in life if you can't figure things out for yourself.

He hasn't posted back, so obviously he's fixed the problem, so go along and live it up while mommy and daddy are keeping you alive.

Rambo

Errrmm, ok guys... I would say that you lot just stop the arguement now or this guy isnt going to get any help at all because this thread will get locked.

My advice:

Download a program called MoveOnBoot. You tell it to delete the file next time you boot up your PC and voila!

Download it here:

http://www.soft32.com/download_8249.html

Hope this helps.

lethalforce

Jerkstore said:
lol

If he took a little time and effort to type in the keywords in his post into Google, he would have fixed his problem days ago.

You think this is the only computer forum on the net??
You think this question has never been asked before??

He could have searched this forum itself and found the answer...except everyone these days needs someone to hold their hand and they just go crying to mommy when they don't know what to do.

Welcome to the real world gentleman...good luck in life if you can't figure things out for yourself.

He hasn't posted back, so obviously he's fixed the problem, so go along and live it up while mommy and daddy are keeping you alive.

okay lets test this idiotic theory, after typing in "a file that isnt a file" into google i get this: http://www.google.com/search?q=a+fi...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

hmmm nothing has anything to do with his answer....

this may not be the only computer forum on the Internet, but it is the one he came to, and it is the one he asked for help in, and i don't know why asking for help means you "needs someone to hold their hand" your just pulling shit out of the air because you felt like being more of an ass hole than usual

oh and by the way you seem to have an infatuation with crying to mommy and daddy.....do i smell skeletons in the closet?

Last edited:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
it's all well and good saying use google but typing in descriptions of problems doesn't work that well. we've seen a wide range of solutions to the problem which i'm sure most if not all will work.

its always nice that we have people like jerkstore to make people feel welcome, about as welcome as the jews were in germany in ww2. this attitude is not becoming of a friendly environment and it needs to stop before a complaint is made against you. i'm sure the moderators are keeping an eye on your posts.

stop it now before you get banned and learn to be nice, everybody here seems to manage ok. i'll be the first to admit that i'm not the most appraochable person but i try to be nice and give people that are obviously learning any advice they need so that they can remember what they've learnt and maybe pass it on to somone else in the future.

Jerkstore

lethalforce said:
okay lets test this idiotic theory, after typing in "a file that isnt a file" into google i get this: http://www.google.com/search?q=a+fi...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

hmmm nothing has anything to do with his answer....

this may not be the only computer forum on the Internet, but it is the one he came to, and it is the one he asked for help in, and i don't know why asking for help means you "needs someone to hold their hand" your just pulling shit out of the air because you felt like being more of an ass hole than usual

oh and by the way you seem to have an infatuation with crying to mommy and daddy.....do i smell skeletons in the closet?

Someone needs to teach you how to research...wow first link even!
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ways+to+delete+a+file+that+won't+delete+xp&meta=

I'm just really irritated at the way this board is headed...you're all so worried about you mounds of virii and spyware, and your next dream machine build that no one here is actually learning about computers...I haven't had a virus of any kind in the last 2 years. why? because i keep my machine on lockdown and don't do stupid shit with it

i don't give a damn if the mods don't like my posts...they're probably laughing their asses off wishing someone like me had come sooner

If someone deserves an answer and they show that they've put a little effort into things, then i'll be more than happy to point them in the right direction....but for those people who come boohooing, "I broke my computer because I download too much illegal crap"...i have no sympathy.

Bobo

banned
Jerkstore said:
i don't give a damn if the mods don't like my posts...they're probably laughing their asses off wishing someone like me had come sooner
They are mods because they don't think jackasses like you are funny.

If someone deserves an answer and they show that they've put a little effort into things, then i'll be more than happy to point them in the right direction....but for those people who come boohooing, "I broke my computer because I download too much illegal crap"...i have no sympathy.

The reason this forum is here is to help people, not to tell them to f*** themselves and go search google. I would suggest that you keep your mouth shut and let us be the nice ones so we can actually do some good old-fashioned helping.