- Fte. Alim. NOX Urano 600W sILENT atx
- MB Asus chipset Intel P55 Sk 1165 DDR3 Turbo
- CPU Intel Core i7 860 - 2,8GHz 8MB LGA 1156
- DDR Kingston DDR3 2GB 1333MHz Cl9
- HDD Samsung 1TB 7200rpm serial ATA II 32MB Cache
- VGA Asus EAH5770 1GB /2DIS /1GD5 /V2 - Radeon
- DVD-RW Samsung 22x Sata Bulk
- Leitor de Card's interno 3,5" bLACK lcr-91

But first i need someone to tell me if this desktop can eventualy run the most recent games like the company told me .... (games lik BioShock, Overlord 1 or 2 and others).

ps: if it isnt to much work pls rate all the hardware from 1 to 10 and explain why :S

THANKS A LOT FOR READING THIS POST. :D :D :D

jarlmaster47

that rig is extremely weak as it is. you need at the very least 4gb of ram. 2gb just wont cut it. also that psu is absolutely unacceptable. buy a corsair hx650w. for this I give the rig a 4 out of 10. Do what I suggest and it will go up to an 8.5

Hsv_Man

that rig is extremely weak as it is. you need at the very least 4gb of ram. 2gb just wont cut it. also that psu is absolutely unacceptable. buy a corsair hx650w. for this I give the rig a 4 out of 10. Do what I suggest and it will go up to an 8.5

+1 100% with jarlmaster also to add to that If you are into computers especially if you are gaming you are much much better building your own machine and consulting with us here on the forum. You will get much more bang for your buck your components will last way longer and you will have an all round much better system. Thats if you are up to the challenge :)

Aastii

VIP Member
I'd change the power supply to atleast a 650W from either Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, Seasonic or BFG.

I'd up the memory to 4GB and if you can would get 1600MHz.

If you can afford it, go to socket 1366 and get an i7 system instead with 6GB (3x2GB) memory. It would cost a bit more, but would boost performance somewhat. Wouldn't make gaming and such much quicker, but would increase speeds.

Would also recomend dropping the hard drive to 500GB unless you absolutely need 1TB of storage, which the average user doesn't, I struggle filling 700GB total, have about half of that left with pictures, videos, files and many, many games installed. With the money saved, put a bit more towards it and get an SSD for games and operating system.

It really does depend what you will be using your system for too. If it is for gaming, memory will hold you back, if it is just for internet usage, createing documents etc, it will be much more than enough and some parts unneccesary, if it is for photo editing/2D rendering, the video card is pointless, and memory will be inadequate.

Budget and usage would be much appreciated to provide further help :)

JorgeHGPR

jarlmaster kind of exagerated on the rig being weak. It is good, but with that setup, like he said, you need 4GB of RAM and a corsair PSU, 550W or better.

Drenlin

I wouldn't worry about cutting costs on the hard drive. Samsung's current line is both cheap and fast. The 1TB retails for like $80, IIRC.

The rig is fine except for the RAM and PSU. Like they said, 4GB of RAM and a 650W+ PSU from a good brand, and you'll be good.

Good PSU brands include, but are not limited to, Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, OCZ, PC Power and Cooling, Xigmatek, XClio, Thermaltake, BFG, ABS, and SeaSonic.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
The rig is fine except for the RAM and PSU. Like they said, 4GB of RAM and a 650W+ PSU form a good brand, and you'll be good.

I wouldn't worry about cutting costs on the hard drive. Samsung's current line is both cheap and fast. The 1TB retails for like $80, IIRC.

It wasn't to cut costs per se, it was more about saving money by not getting unecessary components, and providing some money towards an SSD, which will provide a massive boost in performance, at a very low price for the performance gained

Fira

banned
If your computer does not work for intended purpose(s) then I would recommend about a 6Gigabyte (if they have it) Dell computer
search on
http://www.ebay.com/
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.walmart.com/
etc.

If your game does not run properly I would recommend like DirectX 10 ask computer stores where you can get it and search EBay, amazon, walmart etc.

Search for great+ graphic(s) card(s) as well.

If you are into making games as well just in case
Game Maker http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/try http://wiki.yoyogames.com/index.php/Old_Game_Maker_Versions

When I get 100 posts feel free to Private Message me for help.

daisymtc

PSU - need a branded one. With 5770, a quaility 500W will do ($50-60)
RAM - I would suggest you go for 2 x 2 GB

EagleX

gaming computer

Well i totaly understand all the opinions here posted and i thank you all for the time you are spending with it.

so pls answer only one more question. Will this machine as it is at the moment run bioshock ?? if yes in what quality?

Drenlin

The PSU won't hinder gameplay, exactly, but pitting that much stress on an off-brand PSU is never a good idea.

It will run bioshock like that, but only having 2GB of RAM will most likely be the bottleneck in that system.

Aastii

VIP Member
Well i totaly understand all the opinions here posted and i thank you all for the time you are spending with it.

so pls answer only one more question. Will this machine as it is at the moment run bioshock ?? if yes in what quality?

actually no. that psu is awful and 2 gigs of ram????? that won't due at all.

The PSU won't hinder gameplay, exactly, but pitting that much stress on an off-brand PSU is never a good idea.

It will run bioshock like that, but only having 2GB of RAM will most likely be the bottleneck in that system.

It will run Bioshock on full settings, assuming you mean Bioshock 1.

However, change the PSU to something much better. Off brands do not give out the power they are rated at continuously, and they are made with cheap components making it more likely they will fail. When a power supply fails it usually does not just kill the PSU, it also takes out other components with it, and most warranties don't cover damage from such incidents, so you will have to get a new power supply and other components, making the overall cost much more than just getting a decent PSU in the first place

EagleX

Thanks =d

I now have all the answers i need =D
Thanks to all the people who helped in so litle time :)

Just for you to kwon i will :
- add another 2gb ram
- decreasing from 1000 gb to mayby 300 or 500 gb
- And depending on the money i have to speand AT THE MOMENT i will change the CPU

One more time THANKS =D

Aastii

VIP Member
I now have all the answers i need =D
Thanks to all the people who helped in so litle time :)

Just for you to kwon i will :
- add another 2gb ram
- decreasing from 1000 gb to mayby 300 or 500 gb
- And depending on the money i have to speand AT THE MOMENT i will change the CPU

One more time THANKS =D

Change the PSU should be at the top of the list...

and rather than changing the CPU, I would get an SSD because the performance gain will be many times greater than getting a different CPU, because the 860 will handle anything at all that you throw at it very very well

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Change the PSU should be at the top of the list...

and rather than changing the CPu, I would get an SSD because the performance gain will be many times greater than getting a different CPU, because the 860 will handle anything at all that you throw at it very very well

Listen to the man! :)

fastdude

Definatley increase thr RAM, but keep the hard drive, if your on a budget consider going for an intel core quad processor

Aastii

VIP Member
Definatley increase thr RAM, but keep the hard drive, if your on a budget consider going for an intel core quad processor

He has a quad core in there, the 860 is a quad

If he doesn't have 1TB of data, what is the point in getting a 1TB hard drive? May as well save money, or put the money towards a better component(s)

jarlmaster47

He has a quad core in there, the 860 is a quad

If he doesn't have 1TB of data, what is the point in getting a 1TB hard drive? May as well save money, or put the money towards a better component(s)

well he might want the space for the future. idk. just trying to think of a logical reason