A Mac Rant

aSc1@3

Does anyone have a plausable/reasonable explanation as to why you would by a mac? I mean, they're ovepriced, hardly compatible with anything, and with a few programs, a Linux distro can look just like OS X! No games, and on linux, you can get WINE. Hardly any common hardware compatibility, reminds me of a certain pc brand that starts with a D... And they aren't all that fast! Even if they were, what would you use that power for! They are not worth it, I beileive. And heres some elses opinion, with which I agree with.

What do you all think?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Does anyone have a plausable/reasonable explanation as to why you would by a mac? I mean, they're ovepriced, hardly compatible with anything, and with a few programs, a Linux distro can look just like OS X! No games, and on linux, you can get WINE. Hardly any common hardware compatibility, reminds me of a certain pc brand that starts with a D... And they aren't all that fast! Even if they were, what would you use that power for! They are not worth it, I beileive. And heres some elses opinion, with which I agree with.

What do you all think?

1) You are completely wrong and ignorant

2) You are just as bad as the link you just posted, so please STFU

G25r8cer

Yeah I dont like macs either but the reason why is not b/c of the OS. I actually love the OS and to me its the only good thing about Macs! The thing I hate is their hardware and well their company!

All this thread is going to do is start wars!! Plus I dont need another infraction about another mac debate! Some MOD should close this before something ugly happens!!

patrickv

And they aren't all that fast! Even if they were, what would you use that power for! They are not worth it, I beileive.

this thread will go down in a few, but i will never bash Macs, they have their uses, so does linux & so does windows.
If you really have a problem with Macs just drop a line here

hpi

banned
I don't like Macs.

I hate Apple actually.

Macs are just ugly and overpriced and crappy and useless for me and id love to see a mac run a good game on it, The thing would probably catch fire or start smoking.

Damn POS computer, Ya know id love to drop some nice smart bombs on every apple factory there is those damn SOB's!!

g4m3rof1337

Yeah, thats why they're coming out with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the Mac.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/15/call-of-duty-4-engages-mac-os-x-this-may/

And ranting usually comes from Personal Experiences. This is more of a Surface Rant, which you just 'rant' about things you don't fully look into.

Hardly compatible with "anything"? I have a MacBook and a Gaming PC, whatever I plug into my PC, works just as well plugged in my Mac.

And these look pretty powerful, especially for an All in One unit.
http://www.apple.com/imac/

Macs are just ugly and overpriced and crappy and useless for me and id love to see a mac run a good game on it, The thing would probably catch fire or start smoking.

Macs can play, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield, WoW, and Guitar Hero III, all on OS X.
And Hpi, when we were on AIM talking, you admitted and said all those games are good.

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Electronic Arts is releasing all their sports titles (among others) for the Mac as well.

cohen

i love the macs - i'm saving to get one... i like them... i think they are a good stable OS and laptops and being able to install windows on them is also good. :D:D:D:D:D:D

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
The only thing I really "hate" about the macs is the bloody apple. I mean, you don't see dells with banana stickers on them, or HP laptops with nice, illuminated strawberries... or melons (yummy!). That aside, I really like the design and looks of most macs, esp. macbooks, though I've seen matching PCs, which I think are better simply because they don't have backlit fruits on them :D

Last edited:

Vizy

Macs look nice. They look more....classy. More...usefriendly. Like, simplified. I would never give up my windows PC, but if i had the money and the need for a Mac, i would get one.

Kill Bill

this thread will go down in a few, but i will never bash Macs, they have their uses, so does linux & so does windows.
If you really have a problem with Macs just drop a line here
Ditto. It's not like adobe has a 199Euro program to relevent final cut express Which I use pretty much 24-7
I don't like Macs.

I hate Apple actually.

Damn POS computer, Ya know id love to drop some nice smart bombs on every apple factory there is those damn SOB's!!
Go back to windows 1.0 then Show that your a true windows fan! And prove you hate macs
i love the macs - i'm saving to get one... i like them... i think they are a good stable OS and laptops and being able to install windows on them is also good. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Wait till you get a macbook pro wow are you in for a treat:D They are the best things forever!!
where's a mod when you need one :p

and there has been many threads on macs already!

Ditto!!

ducis

why can't we all just buy the OS we want to buy and stop forcing what you like on others.
That said I don't like how apple is marketing a Unix architecture so i dont buy anything apple big deal aswell as i hate there marketing

either way im better suited towards a amiga type desktop enviroment

tlarkin

VIP Member
why can't we all just buy the OS we want to buy and stop forcing what you like on others.
That said I don't like how apple is marketing a Unix architecture so i dont buy anything apple big deal aswell as i hate there marketing

Amiga? LOL, which is based on Unix!

G25r8cer

Very well said! I think WE should all do so