A Mac Rant

tremmor

i agree with Cohen.
the mac is a good computer. I dont own one and don't want one. its stable and good for kids off to college and the professionals. Virus and hacking is rare. I stay with the standard because proggys are easy to get. more variety and i don't buy nothing. Kill Bill i had an Amiga, i think it was the 6505. 1st color computer i had.

Irishwhistle

I think that some of the words in the article you linked to (which I didn't actually read after seeing a few words of it) prove that the author is just plain crazy. I mean, good grief! He's writing about an OPERATING SYSTEM... of all the thinks to swear about... (of course I believe there's not any excuse for swearing period, ever, but an operating system?!) :p Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Oh yeah, btw, I like Mac. :)

Last edited:

cohen

i agree with Cohen.
the mac is a good computer. I dont own one and don't want one. its stable and good for kids off to college and the professionals. Virus and hacking is rare. I stay with the standard because proggys are easy to get. more variety and i don't buy nothing.

:D:D Thankyou

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am sorry but no one on this forum knows the mac platform well enough to even make an honest opinion about it. No one on this forum really knows Unix either, as far as I can tell from what I have read.

It is different than a PC, and they use only high end parts. You forget that apple designs a system from the ground up, they design all their own hardware, the OS, the firmware, etc etc. They are higher quality machines.

Kill Bill

I am sorry but no one on this forum knows the mac platform well enough to even make an honest opinion about it. No one on this forum really knows Unix either, as far as I can tell from what I have read.

It is different than a PC, and they use only high end parts. You forget that apple designs a system from the ground up, they design all their own hardware, the OS, the firmware, etc etc. They are higher quality machines.

Ditto. Thats what makes them good. All the parts they make themselves (rather than intel of course) I'm using a MacBook Pro ATM and I love the way if you play blood graphic games atleast you dont hear a big fan going ehuhuhuhuhuhu