About Time, Eh

Kornowski

VIP Member
Finally got my computer fixed, it'd been broken for far too long!

It was like Christmas all over again;
IMG_9459.jpg

What was inside... FTW!
IMG_9461.jpg

IMG_9462.jpg

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

I love the on-board power and reset buttons, then to the left is the reset CMOS button. That folks, is why it's FTW.
IMG_9569.jpg

The dust on my TT before I took it off the old board;
IMG_9469.jpg

I had to remove the backing plate off the back of the 965P... This was a right pain.
IMG_9481.jpg

I had to use a hair dryer and some brute force to finally get it off...
IMG_9487.jpg

It had annoyed me so much, I had to teach that little SOB. I made it listen to the entire West Life best of CD. The little bastard;
IMG_9489.jpg

Now, I did have some problems with it...

I had just got it all set up. Installed Vista and a few updates and drivers. Turned it off to go to sleep, when I came to turn it on in the morning, it wouldn't boot. It powered up for a second maybe then turned off. The Post read out thing showed 'FF' then for a split second it showed 'FA'. I only know this because I had to video it and pause the video to see what it had said.

I tried resetting the CMOS, taking the battery out, taking the RAM out, different HDD and pushing the BIOS chip down a little. Nothing worked...

I read on the EVGA boards that other people have had this problem, it was sometimes associated with backing plates on HSF's. I figured I'd put it on too tight, as I couldn't see any of the threads on the screws.

So, I plopped on the stock Intel HSF (Eww, Yeah, I know.) and it booted up just fine;
IMG_9548.jpg

I put some electrical tape on the backing plate too, just to stop any shorts.
IMG_9553.jpg

Now, It's all done and together. Well, so to speak. It's not in the case yet, as I'm waiting for some more stuff.

IMG_9570.jpg

IMG_9578.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg

There's a bit of clearance between the NB and the TT, but it fits just fine!
IMG_9591.jpg

All done! :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah dan il send you my home address later then eh so you can send them to me okay thanks :D

nah looks sweet my friend,Scooter is right EVGA do make realy nice boards,noticed the solid capacitors aswell which is QUALITY!

will be nice to see what overclock you get from that beauty ;)

thanks for posting

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can has SLI?

You can has SLI!? :eek:

yeah dan il send you my home address later then eh so you can send them to me okay thanks :D

nah looks sweet my friend,Scooter is right EVGA do make realy nice boards,noticed the solid capacitors aswell which is QUALITY!

will be nice to see what overclock you get from that beauty ;)

thanks for posting

Heh. Yeah, I'll send them to you. Just as they are, in a big box... lol.

Aye, I really like the board. It has so many features!
Like the POST read out display, you can't really see it in the pictures, it's under the GPU fan. If you look close you can see it ;)

I'm hoping around 3.4Ghz :)

They make them so nice that its almost a shame to hide em with crazy components,,,, almost

Hmm, We'll see :p

TFT

VIP Member
Very nice Danny, its been a long time coming. I'm jealous. :mad:
Now will you snap out of this bad bout of depression, you've had so many hugs that members are begining to talk :p

Kornowski

VIP Member
why dont you put it in your case lol?

I'm waiting on a fan controller and another GTS. So I want to put them all in together, like a big happy family.

Very nice Danny, its been a long time coming. I'm jealous. :mad:
Now will you snap out of this bad bout of depression, you've had so many hugs that members are begining to talk :p

Thanks, Dave. Aye, I know. You're welcome to Remote Access it any time :p
Haha. It's that Kuzba one, nothing but trouble!

funkysnair

VIP Member
ive never known someone to have a perfectly good antec900 sitting whilst there computer gathers dust on the bench lol....

Kornowski

VIP Member
Wow! Looks awesome Danny! So why is it out of the case?

Thanks, Craig! Read my last post, I want a big happy component family gathering, lol.

I have that white Ibanez RG :)

Haha! It's awesome isn't it!

ive never known someone to have a perfectly good antec900 sitting whilst there computer gathers dust on the bench lol....

It's been there for like months. Full painted and everything. I can't wait to get it all back together! lol

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Nice Danny! ;) You didn't post a pic of the "after" Tuniq Tower, you know without the dust :D Those load temps are perfect man! :) Congratz!

So I want to put them all in together, like a big happy family.

Haha it ain't gonna be a happy family when u start overclockin and overvoltin! :p

Haha! It's awesome isn't it!

Oh a bit off-topic but, does the Edge II trem system on the RG350DX really suck and get out of tune? Or is it just coming from jealous people all over the ultimate-guitar forum?