Adding memory to my PC, Can you help???

bernie66

Well my PC is quite old and only has 256 RAM which yes i know is very poor and obviously my PC is running slow due to this therefore iv been advised to add more memory. Iv cleaned my PC using tuneup utilities 2007 which has helped abit and this program has also advised me to upgrade my memory to atleast 512 and has also advised me to upgrade my processor. However, i do not know where to begin to do this because i would have thought id need to use the same type of memory that the PC already has etc

So im just asking can you help me please.

Heres my specs

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I would say that computer isn't really work upgrading, maybe just get 512mb of ram to get you by...

Its probably going to be DDR 400 184pin, do you know the motherboard model?

bernie66

Is isnt worth upgrading?? whys that?? I only really use it for work suchspreadsheets MS word etc and surfing the web

NVidia nforce thats all i know sorry

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Is isnt worth upgrading?? whys that?? I only really use it for work suchspreadsheets MS word etc and surfing the web

NVidia nforce thats all i know sorry

Cmon, I got one under my desk, same speed, just an Sempron, but 1GB, and an FX5200. Runs fine an great :D

DDR? Let see, budget?

oscaryu1

VIP Member

bernie66

Thankd so much for that. I live in the UK so that would be for me around £20 which is iseal especially for 1 gig does newegg deliver to the UK or do you know any from over here you could show where i could get one from
thanks

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I'd get the corsair. What i meant was only the ram was worth upgrading.. any more than that might as well buy a new system :eek:

bernie66

ok. Got the memory so now where do i put it??? Here are some pics of the inside of my PC. Do i clip it in?? See pics

Thanks

Last edited: