ahhhhh..help pleaaaaase!!! :)

magicman

VIP Member
You say you burned the folders to a CD? What happened to the blank DVD's you were going to use? You may well get weird results if you are using the wrong media to burn onto.

One thing to mention is that WinAVI creates a folder called dvd_0, within which you have the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. You need to make sure that those two folders are in the root directory of the disk. That means the folders are somewhere like X:\VIDEO_TS\.... instead of X:\dvd_0\VIDEO_TS. I hope that makes sense.

hammerhead_05

Ok, now i have tried burning the file both to a CD and a DVD+R. And when inserted to the DVD Player, the same screen pops up, it shows both files, both video_ts and the other one, but i am unable to play either of them...:confused:...its like it wants to separate them...
Its like i need to save it as one file as a combination or something,...its weird, and when i want to play in through windows media player, i have to highlight all the components of the file and hit the 'enter' button, otherwize it rejects my request. Its weird. Hmmmm:confused:
I also looked at the way it was being saved, and it was indeed saved the way that you said it should be....

magicman

VIP Member
I'm at a loss then. A properly configured dvd is as I've described, and it's no different in setup than commercial dvd's. It should automatically play the video when the disk's inserted, not go into a menu...

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion, because I'm all out.

hammerhead_05

NOOOO!:eek: You were my only hope!!!!!:( **starts to slit wrist**
hahah....jk...:)...but dang!...i have NO clue what to do now...lol...**sigh**:(
If you have no clue...do you know where or who i can ask or turn to?:confused:
thanx:)

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
NOOOO!:eek: You were my only hope!!!!!:( **starts to slit wrist**
hahah....jk...:)...but dang!...i have NO clue what to do now...lol...**sigh**:(
If you have no clue...do you know where or who i can ask or turn to?:confused:
OK whoa...calm down. If you are willing to spend about $30, get Nero Ultra 7. I use it for burning whatever, and everything always works. The other thing is that you should be using (or at least try to use) a DVD - R instead of a +

magicman

VIP Member
Lol, nice one Bobo, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees, I completely forgot the existence of Nero for a second. :p

hammerhead_05

ok...lol...nero 7, eh?:p .....can i get something like that at best buy? And what the crap is a DVD-R???:eek: ...lol...and also...if i convert from WMV to DVD...when i play it through a tv, will i get that annoying menu that doesn't wanna go away???:confused:

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
ok...lol...nero 7, eh?:p .....can i get something like that at best buy? And what the crap is a DVD-R???:eek: ...lol...and also...if i convert from WMV to DVD...when i play it through a tv, will i get that annoying menu that doesn't wanna go away???:confused:

I honestly don't know, I just take whatever file I want and Nero does all the rest for me, plays it like a regular video. DVD-R is just a different format of DVD, they sell them at the stores.

hammerhead_05

ooook:)...i will take your word for it BOBO:( lol....i am going to purchase one through Ebay right now.....i will let you know how everything works in a few days or maybe a week. :)
thanx

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
ooook:)...i will take your word for it BOBO:( lol....i am going to purchase one through Ebay right now.....i will let you know how everything works in a few days or maybe a week. :)
thanx
Purchase one what? Go to Best Buy and get 25 DVD-R discs for like $20

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
huh....i thought you said to get nero ultra 7.....lol...cuz....i already placed a bid..lol...
Yeah, I said to get that....but why ebay? And how much did you bid for?

hammerhead_05

i chose ebay cuz you can usually get stuff for cheaper....it is an unopened package with the verification code and everything....ummm...i placed a bid for 20.00...but right now it is at like 7.00...lol...the average price that it is sold for is around 25.00...and you said about 30....so i figured i would be savin' around 5 bucks...but then shipping is around 5.00...so its about the same either way....and to go and drive to best buy will be more expensive than to just ship it:rolleyes: ..well...with my car anyway...haha

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
i chose ebay cuz you can usually get stuff for cheaper....it is an unopened package with the verification code and everything....ummm...i placed a bid for 20.00...but right now it is at like 7.00...lol...the average price that it is sold for is around 25.00...and you said about 30....so i figured i would be savin' around 5 bucks...but then shipping is around 5.00...so its about the same either way....and to go and drive to best buy will be more expensive than to just ship it:rolleyes: ..well...with my car anyway...haha
OK, that's fine. ANd $30 is the cheapest that I have seen it, I wasn't saying that I could get it for you at that price. Cheapest I could find now is about $40, so yeah, get it from there.

hammerhead_05

dang....they are starting to go for a little more that what i had thought....some went for 35! ...i looked online...bestbuy.com, and they are origionally 99.99, they are on sale for 49.99.....but i still will get it through ebay.....um.....i have another question that just popped in my little brain....ummm....will i be able to convert from my WMV file to something that is able to play in a DVD player?
OR, do i have to create my movie THROUGH Nero in order for it to play in a DVD player?
thanx :)

Bobo

banned
I have no idea, I just take a video file, click on "Make Your Own DVD-Video," and Nero does the rest. That's why I love it so much, it does everything so easily.

You could actually download the trial right now, and get familiar with it. I am not sure if the trial lets you burn anything, however.

hammerhead_05

Dude...BOBO:eek:...i can't thank you enough.....seriously dude...i SERIOUSLY cannot thank you enough....the Nero 7 disk worked. I am now able to play my movies on the TV. Just when i lost all hope...you come out of nowhere and help me out!:D
**gives BOBO the biggest internet hug in all of internet-hug-history**
Dude.....this has been something i have been trying to figure out for the last 2 years! THANK YOU SO MUCH
-Brock-;)

Bobo

banned
hammerhead_05 said:
Dude...BOBO:eek:...i can't thank you enough.....seriously dude...i SERIOUSLY cannot thank you enough....the Nero 7 disk worked. I am now able to play my movies on the TV. Just when i lost all hope...you come out of nowhere and help me out!:D
**gives BOBO the biggest internet hug in all of internet-hug-history**
Dude.....this has been something i have been trying to figure out for the last 2 years! THANK YOU SO MUCH
-Brock-;)

You just made my day! :D I am glad I could be of service. :cool:

starnight

Hey guys I was reading how you all help this lady ...Maybe you can help me..Im trying to burn movies on to a cd,,from limewire..I have Nero 6 and Elite dvd bruner...I find out how to put my photos on a cd.. now HOW do I burn a movie???PLEASE HELP ME???