Alienware + dell = NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

norcodh

I dont think dells makes crapy computers and it will take more than ailenware to bring there rep back up. they joined the to extremes in the computer world. I have never been pleased with a dell, even the XPS doesnt seem that impresive.

Arm_Pit3

I'm sure they will still keep seperate product lines. the normal "dellish" ones and the "alienwarish" ones.

norcodh

I know but the consept is just hard to take in.... I have worked on so many dells at the shop and that fact that they will own one of the most well known computer companies is just weeirdddddd eh

Calibretto

VIP Member
The only thing I like about dell are their cool opening cases and no screws! But it is sad that Alienware will no longer have that oomph.

Arm_Pit3

norcodh said:
ahah yeah if the prices drop I will loose a lot of respect for them
Prices may drop without any lack of performace. What I think will most likly happen is they will have two lines of products, and the
"good line" will me able to be more mass produced since dell is a bigger company, which could lower the prices a little. not to much though.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Well.. Dell and Alienware are companies I never really look into when looking for computers.. So news like that doesn't really bother. It's not like they are the sole computer/laptop manufacturers..

Good for Dell. Shame on Alienware.

niak_558

Just because a company changes ownership doesn't neccesarily mean changes. Lots of times they stay exactly the same, a perfect example is car companies, General Motors own four different car companies Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac and Oldsmobile which use completely different motors from each other and all have very unique styles. Alienware might keep their same team of designers and consultants and all those sort of people. thats my opinion anyway.

cheers, kain.

MadModder

Dell and Alienware didn't merge, they're still making two separate product lines and the prices will stay the same on both sides. On top of that, this is olddddd news. Dell has been planning this since early 2005.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
they are not gonna merge the product line... you're not gonna see a "DellienWare" PC :p
what do you guys think are the motivations for a move like this ??

norcodh

niak_558 said:
Just because a company changes ownership doesn't neccesarily mean changes. Lots of times they stay exactly the same, a perfect example is car companies, General Motors own four different car companies Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac and Oldsmobile which use completely different motors from each other and all have very unique styles. Alienware might keep their same team of designers and consultants and all those sort of people. thats my opinion anyway.

cheers, kain.

ok, but look at what happend to the Jag when ford bought it, it now looks like a fort torrus with a jag logo on the front.... I can see a line now... a sweet green case, with 128 ram, 20 gig harddrive, and a 2 month limited worrenty, for 800$