Alienware gaming laptop: worth the price for gaming on the go?

Would you buy an Alienware gaming laptop if you had the money?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Forget Alienware, I'd just get the XPS from Dell....

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

AdmnPower

VIP Member
well, in that situation it would probably be worthwhile to get a gaming laptop but it would be a good idea to look to a different brand.

compfreak4334

Well i wouldn't be so fussy if the one i have were durable. Shal i list what has gone wrong with it, i don't hear anyone saying no.

Video connector problem (loose video connection from factory caused random colored lines on the monitor)
Motherboard went bad (replaced under warranty)
512 meg of ram went bad, no warranty
dvd drive won't read anything but dvd's
monitor has random dark places on it
case is cracking

For over 3000 dollars i shouldn't have those types of problems, but don't get me wrong if you want something fast alienware is the way to go. Just beware and make sure you buy an extended warranty.

When did u by this? 1999?

AdmnPower

VIP Member
i personally didn't buy it, my cousin bought it several years back, he sent it in a few times for warranty work, then the warranty expired something went wrong again and it was given to me, i was told that if i could fix it i could keep it. I managed to fix it therefor it's mine. It was purchased in mid 2003

fade2green514

if you get any laptop make sure its got centrino duo... beyond that choose the video card that suits you, nothing too powerful or it'll get like an hour battery life, just powerful enough for the games you play.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
yea this thread has been dead a long time, or so i thought until now, by the way i'm selling the alienware laptop i got for free, i'll post back how much it goes if anyone is interested.

macnoob

honestly? who likes alienware and why do they still sell well enough to make profits that dont force a price change?

andy faith

I did like them at one point...but yeh, price. What is with that? How can they do that and people still buy them! its just silly! I'd make my own

Zangetsu

Do you want to game? Buy a Desktop. But, if you are at college or something, and you need to have a computer allong, then I would buy a laptop. But not for gamin. Laptop is meant for internet applications and that kinda stuff. The reason that they are having some heavy Igraphic card, is that, nowadays, people are using their laptops for photoshop and that kinda software. That's why they also need a higher ram. But not for gaming! Laptops are never meant to game on.

Zangetsu

I think you should buy a high end labtop from Dell instead.
It is better loaded, then the Alienware.
Alienware is too expensive, and you can find better alternatives.

Kill Bill

No way oh zay. The ALX is way overpriced 4,899 Euros I think????

Anyway for that I got a gaming pc with quad Q6600 X8800Ultras Etc for 2,657euros with 3 year warrenty!!!!!!!!!!. And with the money left over I could get a Rock Direct Laptop that would have a 8700MGT 512mb