Alienware? - Is it all that good, or is it just another expensive name?

enthusiast1917

hm, for 500bucks... can anyone suggest a 'super loaded' system with links with parts from newegg or something, cause i think ill make my own pc after reading some guides - more customized to urself...u know the brands...something... lol and im a performance over value person, so any suggestions?

onlinewilk

WTF Alienware rocks

i got an alienware computer about 3 weeks ago and what can i say but it outperforms my home built computer. And also your paying for the delicious casing and its just higher quality and you have more reliabilty than your own home made rig as i have a 3 year warranty on the alienware.

personally if i had another few grand i would get another alienware, fk building another comp - just too complicated and tedious

:p

Geoff

VIP Member
There is nothing wrong with alienware, its just way overpriced. Its meant for people who want a nice gaming machine and nice parts but are either too lazy or dont know how to do it themselves :p

And what does a 16 year old do that requires a very expensive server cpu and a $2000 professional graphics card, and 2TB of hard drive space?

onlinewilk

Cos i had the money :p

I got given a load of money and wanted to build an expensive server :p wasnt my money to begin with so didn't think i would miss it

Geoff

VIP Member
What do you use the server for? I would have built a really nice gaming machine, but thats just me :p

Nastybutler187

holy crap... for $8000, you could get a computer that can do anything you've ever wanted it to do.... extreme gaming, servering, and anything else all in one. the comp you have should go for about half of that.

Geoff

VIP Member
i wouldnt be able to spend $8K on a gaming computer, max i could spend at newegg is around $3k.