Almost done!! Just need help connecting some cables

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's going to be like this.

Unplug both cables from the drives.

Plug the one with the blue end into the hard drive

Plug the one with the black end into the DVD-Rom

Plug the blue ended cable into the blue socket onto the motherboard.

Plug the Cable with the black end into the other available socket.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
OK I just noticed that the black connector on your motherboard does appear to be the floppy drive As also mentioned previously by Scrat (sorry).

Ditch the one cable (black ended) And plug both your dives into it (blue ended). Plug your HD into the master while making the DVD drive slave. Plug them into the blue socket on the motherboard.

Basically plug the hard drive into the gray plug on the ribbon with the blue end. Plug er into the mobo and boot er up... Sorry for complicating it ;). This should be a lesson to those that post before they bother reading everything :p.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
as you see, I need help finding where to connect those five little wires comming from the front of the case.
See the manual/sticker

lastly, I have a Geforce 6600GT pci-e and I thought I needed to connect a cable to it from the PSU (for its own power source), but I can't find one on there.
You'll need a splitter like this http://www.xoxide.com/4pinsplitter.html

My 6800GT used 2 molex(4 pin) connectors from the PS.
It did? http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/14-130-215-05.JPG

Also, from what I read(but I'm not exactly sure) you can apparently run the card without any more juice going to it
Shouldnt boot without it (or it will with the alarm thingy)

They do have a diagram, but only to identify each slot on the mobo, and not what to connect to what.
1. What mobo do you have?
2. The manual has it listed in Chapter 2

Should be power button, reset and HD led. It'll tell you in the motherboards manual where to hook these up
And the nice thing about ASUS boards is they're all damn near the same :)

The RED coloured sockets on the MotherBoard are only if you want to set up the HDD in a RAID config.
It'll still work though

If your talking about the two small wires going to the motherboard from the power button on the case... it doesn't matter which way you connect it as it is only a switch.
Uh .. polarity should matter

Ok quick question....how do I connect those two different flat cables onto just one socket on the mobo?
You dont but you can connect multiple devices per cable