AM2 motherboards

APM98

Do you guys know when AM2 motherboards will be widespread to the public. I really wanna build a comp asap because my current is crapping out. Or should I just go for 939? Thanks

Geoff

VIP Member
APM98 said:
Do you guys know when AM2 motherboards will be widespread to the public. I really wanna build a comp asap because my current is crapping out. Or should I just go for 939? Thanks
Newegg has some AM2 motherboards.

CmoAMD

Tigerdirect.com had the most AM2 stuff I've seen so far, they have the FX, X2 and 64 CPU's and a few Mobos.

Arm_Pit3

Yes you can buy them now, They are in most major PC stores, and all over the online stores. AM2 requires DDR2 RAM not DDR, and you cannot use socketg 939 CPU's on the AM2. The AM2 is 940 pins.

Geoff

VIP Member
CmoAMD said:
Tigerdirect.com had the most AM2 stuff I've seen so far, they have the FX, X2 and 64 CPU's and a few Mobos.
Monarch Computers also has the full (or close to it) line of AM2 CPU's, ranging from the Sempron's to the X2's. It is also the cheapest place to get them, even cheaper than Newegg:eek:

Geoff

VIP Member
LITHIUM said:
so what can you use and not use on teh new AM2 Mobos?
The only real difference is that the AM2 motherboards have 940 pins, vs the 939 which has 939 pins. And the AM2 motherboards use DDR2, vs the 939 that uses DDR.