AMD Motherboard Chipsets

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You have an ATI card. Definitely go with a 790X or 790FX depending on your budget.

Sounds perfect! I found a nice ASUS board with the 790X for like 119 and I'll probably get that in a little while......though it'll probably be obsolite by the time I decide to buy :D

And should I go with the Athlon II X2 or Athlon II X4? Or would you even recommend the Phenom? I like the idea of going quad-core eventually.

FairDoos

Sounds perfect! I found a nice ASUS board with the 790X for like 119 and I'll probably get that in a little while......though it'll probably be obsolite by the time I decide to buy :D

And should I go with the Athlon II X2 or Athlon II X4? Or would you even recommend the Phenom? I like the idea of going quad-core eventually.

I know yer! I mean your still using CRT fgs. :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
Think we are having a lack of communication here.
coolhandluke4_2.jpg

Ethan3.14159

A quad core athlon can be had for $90. I would go with that.