AMD phenom 1075t bottleneck?

xxmorpheus

Hey guys, It seems like the 1075t is a bottleneck for my system, as furmark maxes out both gpus and gets 6600+ marks, but when playing games, I see only 30-50% of gpus being used... its noticeable in games, where every so often there is a slight dip in fps for no reason, even when standing still. Should I go with the Phenom II 1100T? I like the fact it has an unlocked multiplier and seems much easier to overclock.

jonnyp11

before spending money needlessly, always check your software, update or reinstall drivers incease you somehow got it corrupted, and what gpu's do you have

xxmorpheus

All software is up to date and windows is installed fresh. I have 2 amd radeon 6950 by fxf with the shaders unlocked.

jonnyp11

just to see, try something without unlocking the shaders, can't hurt, really i'm not too familiar with this but i can normally figure things out.

linkin

VIP Member
I think your slow RAM might be limiting you. 16GB is also very excessive unless you render stuff.

mihir

VIP Member
I think your slow RAM might be limiting you. 16GB is also very excessive unless you render stuff.

Even I think so.Since that is the only thing left
His is the most confusing case I have ever seen on CF.
He has made many threads about the same but still his problem has not resolved.

If there were any software issues they would have been fixed by a fresh install of windows which he already did.
He also has updated all the drivers.His temps are also fine.

@OP
Is you CPU usage around 60-70% while playing games??
Try turning off all the power saving methods which are applied by AMD in the BIOS.And try overclocking it a little bit.

2048Megabytes

I have also heard that some games run poor with Crossfire or SLI video card setups. I would try what Stranglehold suggested. Use a single video card. If it runs poor with one video card, try the other video card.

Is it just one video game you are having issues with? It could also be a program that is coded bad or the game needs to be reinstalled.

mihir

VIP Member
I have also heard that some games run poor with Crossfire or SLI video card setups. I would try what Stranglehold suggested. Use a single video card. If it runs poor with one video card, try the other video card.

Is it just one video game you are having issues with? It could also be a program that is coded bad or the game needs to be reinstalled.

If I am not wrong I think he has already tried that,and only got a drop in the FPS.
His problem seems pretty weird.
Maybe he is having bad memory or he might be having pirated version of Windows 7 which has some corrupted files and some unwanted programs.

2048Megabytes

Yeah, I am wondering what is going on with his system. You tried running the program Memtest86+ on the system for around four hours to see if you get any errors?

My brother kept having problems with a system he was testing. He got errors with Memtest86+ and thought it was the RAM or the motherboard. It ended up being a hard drive giving him problems.

xxmorpheus

Thanks for the input. Mihir is absolutely right. Ive tried everything. Im going to a 1100T CPU with true six core design, at 3.7 ghz, and im going to corsair vengeance 1600 mhz 16gb. If i have crappy FPS after that, I quit. And yes ive tried single card configs with worse performance in alot of games except GTA IV and Splinter cell conviction, which are horribly coded anyway. I have cheap RAM im starting to think thats the problem. Its like 50 bucks for 16 gigs lol.. this ram looks beastly

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Venge...BIUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309831247&sr=8-2

what other 1600-1866 mhz 16gb ram kits are compatible that i can get? I want 16gb

linkin

VIP Member
Do you need 16gb for anything or do you just want it for epeen? 8gb and 4gb are just as good.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Im going to a 1100T CPU with true six core design, at 3.7 ghz,

How is a 1075 not a true 6 core? The 1075 and 1100 clocked the same will perform the same. They are the same processor, the 1100 is just clocked higher by default and has a unlocked X.

To upgrade from a 1075 to a 1100 for a couple 100 mhz. is a waste of money.

Plus there is nothing special about that Corsair memory. DDR3 1600 with 9-9-9-24 timing at 1.5V is pretty normal. Plus the amount is overkill and will not help any.

Beginning to think thread this is a fools game. Like chasing a dog with its tail on fire through your house, ends up burning the house down.

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

^ agreed. tho i must admit, i could use more ram, im kinda being held back by the 8 gig i have...at times im nearly maxxing it running secondlife and wow together...so 16 would give me the overhead i desire :p

mihir

VIP Member
^ agreed. tho i must admit, i could use more ram, im kinda being held back by the 8 gig i have...at times im nearly maxxing it running secondlife and wow together...so 16 would give me the overhead i desire :p

Is this sarcasm,if yes then sarcasm doesn't convey well over internet.:p

If not then read the comments above. :p

2048Megabytes

I am running Windows XP with 2 gigabytes of RAM and having no issues. Of course I am not running any serious software, but I chuckle when I hear of people stating they are upgrading their system to more than 4 gigabytes of memory and expecting a huge jump in performance.

xxmorpheus

I appreciate the input, but the 1075t is not a true six core processor in the sense that you have to use some sort of core unlocker to get the full computing power of the six cores. There is a warning in the bios that using the core unlocker makes the cpu unstable, and the multiplier is locked. Ive experienced crashes due to this and the difference in price for the processor was 20 bucks. I have 300 dollars in gift cards to amazon which I won in a raffle, who the hell cares if I use 8gb or 16gb? This system is also used for heavy 1080p HD video editing and digital sound editing. I need the ram. I use the adobe suite of products, which is 3500 bucks, and with all the programs open at once, it eats memory up. Especially when editing green screen shots.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I appreciate the input, but the 1075t is not a true six core processor in the sense that you have to use some sort of core unlocker to get the full computing power of the six cores. There is a warning in the bios that using the core unlocker makes the cpu unstable, and the multiplier is locked.

I have no idea who told you that or why you think that. It is a true 6 core, it has no locked cores to use the core unlocker. Probably why you are having a issue if you have it enabled. Its no different then the 1055 or 1090 or 1100, all have 6 core enabled. I have owned all of them. Like my 740 is a X3 and I have the 4 core enabled with the core unlocker.

The core unlocker is for the Phenom II X2 and X3 and Athlon II X3 and it will unlock L3 on some Phenom II 800 series. That are really quads with a core or two disabled or L3 cache.

One of the reasons I think this thread is a farce.

Last edited: