AMD phenom 1075t bottleneck?

jonnyp11

whoever told you that the 1075t is not a true six-core should be slapped, go anywhere online selling them and it says phenom ii x6 1075t, like strangle said, turning this off may solve your issue with the bottlenecking since the motherboard is trying to unlock it and it can't causing conflict in it, and you may also see a boost in performance.

xxmorpheus

I have no idea who told you that or why you think that. It is a true 6 core, it has no locked cores to use the core unlocker. Probably why you are having a issue if you have it enabled. Its no different then the 1055 or 1090 or 1100, all have 6 core enabled. I have owned all of them. Like my 740 is a X3 and I have the 4 core enabled with the core unlocker.

The core unlocker is for the Phenom II X2 and X3 and Athlon II X3 and it will unlock L3 on some Phenom II 800 series. That are really quads with a core or two disabled or L3 cache.

One of the reasons I think this thread is a farce.

A farce? With all due respect, I come on this board to post for help, and I come here to ask questions and learn. I dont have time from my busy day to come here and post crap. Im honestly trying to figure out whats going on with my system. People get annoyed when others dont use the configuration they suggest, I dont care If I only need 8gb of ram, if I feel like using 16gb, i'll use 16gb. It's no ones money here being spent but mine, so who cares? Anyway, I appreciate the post and informative information, as I mentioned, the upgrade to the 1100T was a great deal for 20 bucks, and I was able to return the 1075T, so why not? I spent so far a total of 189 dollars on processors.. It should also be of note that the freakin morons who put in my asus crosshair formula IV left the plastic on the southbridge heatsink, and its literally melted on there and smoked the southbridge heatsink. It appears over time the motherboard just couldnt take it anymore, and the pc just started crashing. I am replacing the MB, installing the CPU and installing the RAM. I'll post again and let you folks know how it works. They were also the idiots saying 2 cores on the phenom 1075t were locked, requiring core unlocker. Thanks anyway gentlemen.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

as i said, they should be slapped, but combined with that, they should be beatten to hell and back for saying anything in the first place if they don't even know that stuff, or at least give your money back for all the trouble

xxmorpheus

Yeah they giving me a new mb for free, and a new computer case, the coolermaster haf 932. They are douches for the bad info.

jonnyp11

well they should've done that and everything, but they shouldn't tell someone something they are unfamiliar or unsure of, especially when charging them for it, it's impolite and as you can see can have bad results, but at least now you can use you computer for all it's worth.

StrangleHold

Staff member
A farce? With all due respect, I come on this board to post for help, and I come here to ask questions and learn. I dont have time from my busy day to come here and post crap. Im honestly trying to figure out whats going on with my system. People get annoyed when others dont use the configuration they suggest, I dont care If I only need 8gb of ram, if I feel like using 16gb, i'll use 16gb. It's no ones money here being spent but mine, so who cares? Anyway, I appreciate the post and informative information, as I mentioned, the upgrade to the 1100T was a great deal for 20 bucks, and I was able to return the 1075T, so why not? I spent so far a total of 189 dollars on processors.. It should also be of note that the freakin morons who put in my asus crosshair formula IV left the plastic on the southbridge heatsink, and its literally melted on there and smoked the southbridge heatsink. It appears over time the motherboard just couldnt take it anymore, and the pc just started crashing. I am replacing the MB, installing the CPU and installing the RAM. I'll post again and let you folks know how it works. They were also the idiots saying 2 cores on the phenom 1075t were locked, requiring core unlocker. Thanks anyway gentlemen.

Well I apologize if it is as you stated. But with mysterious problems that cant be fixed and claming a 1075 has locked cores just made it look that way.

Sounds like you were gave bad info. and was gave a sloppy job on the build. Give them hell and a few kicks in the ass.

xxmorpheus

Well I apologize if it is as you stated. But with mysterious problems that cant be fixed and claming a 1075 has locked cores just made it look that way.

Sounds like you were gave bad info. and was gave a sloppy job on the build. Give them hell and a few kicks in the ass.

No worries man :D

I ordered the corsair vengance ram, will those huge heat sinks all fit on the crosshair formula iv? They look huge o_O

jonnyp11

well i'm not too familiar with the board, nut i do know it is first an asus i think or other high end, and its a high end board in itself in the brand's list, so if it can't then nothing can, really depends more on if there's something in the case blocking it

jonnyp11

that's overkill man, even sli'd/crossfired cards only need a 750watt to 850watt psu, any more is overkill, and that's a nice case but you don't need a 100 buck or more case, but chck your temps for now and tell us, if they can't brethe enough then this will tell us, but if they are low enough then they are fine

StrangleHold

Staff member
It looks like my components cant breathe in that cheap thermaltake case. They are stuck in there. And that PSU doesnt look adequate enough anymore. Here is the upgrade.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119234

what do you guys think

Any of these would do you fine.
NZXT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146062
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146068

Lain Li. Good deal with free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

AZZA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517004

xxmorpheus

Nice cases. I like the one that has the alienware case styling. The reasonI was looking at a new PSU is because my cards in xfire take like 400-500w, and my cpu does like 125. If those numbers are right, I barely have any head room on my psu. Doesnt this cause problems?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Your fine with your power supply. The power requirements are for a average system as a whole, not just the card/s

xxmorpheus

Even after adding new 1100t cpu and 16gb of corsair vengeance 1600mhz ram, Im still getting crappy fps. i got a new mobo, and cpu is running fine at 4.0ghz. The only thing i can possibly think of at this point is a bad psu. I havent installed the 1000w cooler master psu yet. Im still using a corsair 700w cmpsu series psu

jonnyp11

several times i've seen some of the vets of the site saying after installing things like these it's good to re-install windows and all drivers so it registers everything properly and deletes all older drivers and things that may be interfearing with the new stuff.

Okedokey

Look im sorry to say this but that cpu is bottlenecking with that gpu. In games, the 1100t performs worse than an i3 in some cases. What FPS are you getting anyway? What resolution? Also, please ensure you have the latest patches, virus free, latest direct x, updated windows, latest mobo bios. If this is all fine, then you are simply seeing the limitations of that cpu.

xxmorpheus

1080p resolution. 30-40fps. Overclocked to 4.0 ghz. Please dont tell me that, there is no higher option than this cpu for amd... :/

Okedokey

Look i really think that is your only option now. With that GPU, you should be seeing much higher fps. Have you checked the CPU usage during gaming, and all the updates?

jonnyp11

STOP, Bigfella is a huge fanboy, and the only time the i3 will ever outperform a 1100t or any six-core, is in a game that is threaded for 2 or 1 core, anything made for 4-6 will be dominated by the 1100t, although yes the i series is much faster, there should be no problem with that setup, do what i had said b4 ever considering bigfella to be correct, also after installing all the drivers and thing, without any unneeded programs like anti-virus, install the game your trying and run it alone with nothing else open and see how it goes, this will eliminate other programs as a culprit and tell you if indeed you cpu is the culprit.