AMD phenom 1075t bottleneck?

Okedokey

...there is little chance that bulldozer will beat sandybridge, but i'm still rooting for them to beat it.
Your calling me a fanboy? I prefer fanman lol, anyway...

What games are programmed for more than 2 cores? There are some of course, but not many. If its not the CPU then what is it Jonny? So im a fan boy hey? Well on one thread i show how the i3 is better than the 1100t, and everyone says, "only in games" now you are saying the opposite? What is it? To the OP, you could test your system with Crysis and see if you get a performance boost due to the extra cores, but that really doesn't get you anywhere. 40fps btw isnt that bad, but clearly no where near what a 6950 should be getting at that resolution.

Gaming also proved to be a disappointment for the 1100T BE - its minimum frame rate of 22fps in Crysis put it near the bottom of our performance table despite having six cores running at 3.3GHz. We saw impressive improvements after our overclocking efforts, though, with the minimum frame rate in Crysis jumping from a jerky 22fps to a smooth 30fps. Again, even this improvement wasn’t enough for the 1100T BEto catch the competing Intel CPUs when they were overclocked.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/12/07/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-review/8

The point here is,

Its not lack of ram
Its not lack of gpu power
Its not lack of PSU power
The chipset drivers have been updated?

What else is there? The logical deduction is that the CPU is being bottlenecked on 1 or 2 core programmed games thereby limiting the bandwidth of processing power. Even in multithreaded games, the efficiency of this cpu is not great (clock for clock). Even on crysis (which is multithreaded) many quads and slower cpus beat it. Secondly, the old i5 750 (which is faster than the 1100t in games) is beaten by the i3 2100. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/...core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20

Last edited:

jonnyp11

i know even i3 sb beats i5 non sb, and i know i3 beats 1100t in nearly every aspect too, but i know there's gotta be a way to make his work, cuz doubt he wanna dish out another 3k+, nobody does, and could he do like i've said in other threads and put priority on his video drivers under processes, idk if you can, and set affinity to 2 cores, that should in theory "fix his problems for the most part, also he could overclock a little"

jonnyp11

meant 300, 2 for chip and 1 for mobo, sorry, and not sure bout a 50 buck psu, mine was 35 on sale thank you, and not using it since it went into that e-machine when its psu died, so oem went back into my machine, gets confusing since i use both all the time, this at night other during day.

jonnyp11

just hit me, should he check his gpu on another computer to see if it could be the gfx card itself is just half dud.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Dont really know what his problem is. But its not his 1100, true it does bottleneck two 6950 in crossfire to a point compared to a higher performing CPU. But hell I have a 740 unlocked to a X4 runing at 3.8 with a single 6950 and get better frame rates. So just blaming it on his CPU because you like Intel is BS.

StrangleHold

Staff member
i know i3 beats 1100t in nearly every aspect too,

No it doesnt. If you look at benchmarks overall, not just a few cherry picked ones. The 1090/1100 beats the i3 2120 in the majority of them.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...0-core-i5-2400-lga1155-processors-review.html
The X6 is thread dependent. The Phenom II X2/X3/X4/X6 all have the same cores. It depends on how many threads are running on how they bench against each other. Two threads, a Phenom II x2 and X6 at the same mhz. will perform the same. The more threads the better the X3/X4/X6 will do.

But in general (overall) the i3 is not better then a X6.

BOOM, I was RIGHT, but could it be the card itself is a partial dud like i said a min ago.

The only way he would know is test each card individually.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

i meant in un threaded apps or ones with only 2 to 3 threads or whatever, you know what i mean, i know in encoding and decoing the 1100t kills the i3.

linkin

VIP Member
Calm down ladies :p

I thought it was common knowledge that with current processors, Intel beats AMD in single threaded performance. Don't use SuperPI as an example either because it's woefully tipped against AMD. Useful for comparing architectures (of the same brand, not between intel and amd) though.

Of course programs will give better results if they are coded for many threads. I'd still like to see games that use more than two or four. We already have 6 core cpu's and 8 core ones in the near future.

jonnyp11

well you did blame it on his cpu, and you don't like amd, and said no amd will run his gpu right, so you did basically say it in a long drawn out way, so you said it.