AMD Price Cut Plan

Derik75

1779_large_full_pricing.png

Effective July 24th

fade2green514

lol its been what a year now and they're finally cutting down the price of my proc.
i expected it soon, what with intel coming out with their core 2 duo and all.
i wanna get a lappy with that proc or core duo.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
LITHIUM said:
Yes! I might end up getting the Athlon 64+ 3800 now!
i dont think thats a good idea
an equivalent priced conroe would outperform it i think
so lets see the benchmarks and then decide

MadModder

This has nothing to do with newegg...

The price cuts are being done by AMD themselves, the retailers will sell them for the same, more or less.

Rambo

MadModder said:
This has nothing to do with newegg...

The price cuts are being done by AMD themselves, the retailers will sell them for the same, more or less.

I believe underworld288 was talking in reference to [-0MEGA-]'s post ;)

I am extremely impressed with the X2 prices now though, so I think that will be my next choice of CPU, unless the Conroe appeals to me...

Last edited:

Arm_Pit3

I'm in the amrket for a new CPU, and i was going to wait, but then i relized in my case its pointless, ebcuase im going to sell my old CPU, which will just lower the value of my current CPU, so if i buy now then my current one will sell more and kind of even out if i waited, becuase then i would save more, but sell for less.

Arm_Pit3

[-0MEGA-] said:
I dont quite understand this:

1779_large_full_pricing.png

It says that all of those processors will cost $112 after the Core 2 Duo release. But besides the fact that they all are the same price, Newegg is already selling the Athlon 64 3000+ for $95 (AM2 and 939), and the Athlon 64 3200+ for $99 (AM2 and 939). So whats up with that?
That is the PIB Price, not the price that anything except for bestbuy sells for, bbut if the PIB price lowers, then so will the rest of the retail prices.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
its because newegg is the best and has great prices.
It's because newegg has stock it wants to clear out and don't mind taking a hit to the bottom line to get rid of old products.

Geoff

VIP Member
I thought you guys would be interested in this:

prices_p1.jpg

prices_p2.jpg

AMD isnt the only one who is going to severly lower their prices.

fruscai

its just my luck, im only in the states between the beginning of july and the 17th,

can someone advise me on this please, im building an am2 setup and buying all the parts from newegg, ill order while im in the states, is it necessary to test the parts out before i bring them back, because i could always buy the am2 cpu here after the price cuts have been made, it would still be more expensive, but not as much as the prices before

mAJORgAMER

Im very happy to see the cut price plan. Im gonna buy an Amd 5000 x2. But will it work on a A8N-sli motherboard. Im getting lost whit all those socket numbers.

Geoff

VIP Member
mAJORgAMER said:
Im very happy to see the cut price plan. Im gonna buy an Amd 5000 x2. But will it work on a A8N-sli motherboard. Im getting lost whit all those socket numbers.
The AMD X2 5000+ is only for socket AM2 motherboard, and it wont work in any Socket 939 motherboards.