AMD pwns INTEL

mistersprinkles

Have you guys seen the new Zen chips that launch today? Holy crap man. 8 cores all the way down the stack. $329 for an 8 core 65 watt 16 thread chip. Unbelievable. The demos show these chips completely owning their Intel equivalents. I'm so sad that I have a 4790K now... :(

DISCUSS!

JLuchinski

Yeah I saw that first thing this morning, there's already Youtube videos from Linus and Bitwit as they are there for the unveil. The 1700 already sold out here, it's selling for $429 CAD. Glad I waited to upgrade, good timing to because it's tax return time.

Deadpool

Holy mother of AMD. The market is gonna go nuts! People have been waiting for this sheet for so long! Good stuff. If only I didn't live in a 3rd world county... :p

mistersprinkles

You would be crazy not to switch to AMD. Same price gets you an Intel 4C8T 8MB cache vs AMD 8C16T 16MB cache you'd be nuts not to go AMD.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'd need to see the performance increase before I switch from intel to AMD again.

Reactions: C4C

Intel_man

VIP Member
I need to see some single thread performance of the new ryzen chips.

Anyone know of any being leaked?

8c/16t benches are useless for typical consumers unless you're into content creation.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I think anything above the 1600x is overkill for what I do. However, I've been thinking about getting the I7 7700k

Intel_man

VIP Member
I want to see numbers! Not what they said based on internal benchmarks.

It's going to be interesting what Intel does with their Optane SSD release coming up because they said that Intel processors are needed to run them? (for some reason...)

Optane sounds promising because they claim it's 1000x more reliable than current ssds. Again, hopefully those statements are true.

Deadpool

I thought of that before. Who the hell needs 8c/16t? Certainly not gamers, or office users.

I´d definitely buy the 1200x or the 1400x though. Damn I´m so excited about this.