AMD pwns INTEL

mistersprinkles

I thought of that before. Who the hell needs 8c/16t? Certainly not gamers, or office users.

I´d definitely buy the 1200x or the 1400x though. Damn I´m so excited about this.

Have you never heard of E-Peen?

Eggplant-PNG-HD.png

mistersprinkles

I don't even truly need to upgrade really, or the power of the 1600X that I intend to get. But damn it I'm going to.

Don't do yourself like that. Anything less than another 8 core is going to reduce the length of your electronic reproductive appendage my friend. You need at least a 1700. Do it for you. You deserve it.

YouDeserveIt-e1349866438104.jpg

With the 1700 you can go from this

dscn2415-400x300.jpg

to this

jc-with-big-boy.jpg

:D :D :D :D

mistersprinkles

Question-

Does anybody know if the 1700 is physically identical to the other chips in the 8c16t stack from Ryzen? In other words, would all 3 chips perform identically if they were all clocked to 4.4Ghz?

Darren

Staff member
Question-

Does anybody know if the 1700 is physically identical to the other chips in the 8c16t stack from Ryzen? In other words, would all 3 chips perform identically if they were all clocked to 4.4Ghz?
It's 65 watt TDP, the other 2 are 95 watt. If it was 95 too I'd probably swing for it. I don't know what impact that has on overclockability though.

mistersprinkles

It's 65 watt TDP, the other 2 are 95 watt. If it was 95 too I'd probably swing for it. I don't know what impact that has on overclockability though.

Nobody's pulled a "Hey look how many views I can get" and broken embargo to check that kind of thing out? :(

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not in a financial position to move up to Ryzen right now :*( but I still want to learn about it.

lucasbytegenius

Nobody's pulled a "Hey look how many views I can get" and broken embargo to check that kind of thing out? :(

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not in a financial position to move up to Ryzen right now :*( but I still want to learn about it.
I'm more curious if the 1700X has identical performance, its TDP is 95w. That's the one I'm currently eyeing, idk if I want to go all out on the 1800X.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Waiting to see how well they manually overclock. If pretty good the 1700 looks to be a good deal. If the 6 core clocks good the R5 1500 will be a killer for the price.