America's Army 3 WOW!

awildgoose

Ok, so another patch has come out (a couple have since I last posted).
I literally have no problems anymore. I go on a server, I play with no lag (even if I'm playing on a US server, not even CS:S does that for me) and it's awesome. You always get the gun you chose (unless it's taken) and you always get ammo (unless that wasn't a glitch, just the Army:p).

Great game.

MorningWood

I hated it. Thought they completely messed up the game. 2.6 was the best version. The graphics on my computer were terrible on AA3. Gun disappearing when spectating, etc. Thought it was a terrible upgrade imo

Aastii

VIP Member
I hated it. Thought they completely messed up the game. 2.6 was the best version. The graphics on my computer were terrible on AA3. Gun disappearing when spectating, etc. Thought it was a terrible upgrade imo

it is patched though...you can't really call a new PC game bad until it has been out for the very least 6 month because for some reason the developers seem to think it is alright to bring out buggy games for PC but not consoles, the lazy c***s

MorningWood

it is patched though...you can't really call a new PC game bad until it has been out for the very least 6 month because for some reason the developers seem to think it is alright to bring out buggy games for PC but not consoles, the lazy c***s

Even if it is patched the gameplay is terrible. I wish they would get rid of that training crap, im sick of doing it everytime I get a new account

Twist86

Actually consoles are buggy but not near as bad as PC...one reason I think this is due to limited hardware thus limited issues.

AA3 will take more then 6 months though with the crap going on now ^-^

awildgoose

Guy you need to remember that AA3 was released early because the developers all got fired (but one), so they had to release it early.
You don't have to do training.

Why are you even making a new account anyway?

Twist86

No they didn't get fired...their contracts were up and they didn't renew them.

That is not fired that is tight wads not spending our tax money on finishing our game. :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay i might finaly download this tommorow,But first i want to know...

1)Does it work on windows 7 x64

2)Is it one of those game where when you die....you have to wait until the next round to respawn?

3)How is multiplayer? lots of playas?

4)Is there a ranking system?...If so how is the ranking saved? On their side servers or on our own machines like COD?

thanks in advance :D :good:

Redbull{wings}

Okay i might finaly download this tommorow,But first i want to know...

1)Does it work on windows 7 x64

2)Is it one of those game where when you die....you have to wait until the next round to respawn?

3)How is multiplayer? lots of playas?

4)Is there a ranking system?...If so how is the ranking saved? On their side servers or on our own machines like COD?

thanks in advance :D :good:

I run it great on Windows 7 x64

Yes

The multi-player is pretty good with generally a more mature player base and there is usually a pretty solid number of players online

There is a ranking system and it is saved server side. Right now that is one of the biggest problems they are working out and I believe they just had to upgrade all of there auth servers(used for ranking)

Twist86

Eh I would say the massive lag from the resource and memory leaks should be priority over rank.

Still a good game...stick to 16 slot servers to avoid most lag.

awildgoose

On the AA3 forums they are all saying that the devs were fired...

It runs good on Win7, sometimes it doesn't (for me at least).
The ranking, well I have noticed it saves on the computer. I go on heaps of different servers and my rank stay consistent so yeh...
The severs that are decent are usually always occupied and the people on are usually cool to speak with.
The teamwork is great! You get some Rambo/CS:S/COD:4 style people who think killing is everything, but they usually get owned so it is all good:D

Also guys, you gotta remember this game's target audience (from the website itself) is 14-22, so yeh.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm this is what i dont like in games...

Is it one of those game where when you die....you have to wait until the next round to respawn?

Il probably still give it a try,but i know this will annoy me :cool:

Why they still make games like this i dont know,Its obvious that the dead player will just leave the game once hes dead so why bother with it? :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is you aren't supposed to charge in like Rambo and try and kill everyone.

Rambo lol......yeah i know that but it still seems pointless to why they do that in games....just bores the hell outa me.

Hows a noob soppose to gain experience if he dies at the start like we do...then have to wait until the next round? :D

EDIT:

Just played teh game.....utter crap.

Last edited:

awildgoose

hmm this is what i dont like in games...

Il probably still give it a try,but i know this will annoy me :cool:

Why they still make games like this i dont know,Its obvious that the dead player will just leave the game once hes dead so why bother with it? :D

Because they are trying to simulate 'real world' sort of things. Well of course if you die in the real world, you can't come back, but at least they can make it so you don't come back that round.
It also means that the round goes for longer, if you're on the ground dying, the non-n00bs will come and help you back up and that people try to stick as a team.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have it updating now, it's at 47% at just under 1mb/s, so should be done in half an hour or so, so long as steam servers don't knock me down to a few hundred kb/s like they usually do -.-