An Afternoon of Case Modding

Jet

VIP Member
I'm building a Folding@home rig, but most of the parts won't show up until next week. Since I had an afternoon free, I started working on the case (an Antec 300 I got for $25 after rebate from Fry's). I painted my last case black inside, but it was a quick job and it didn't look as good as it could have--this one I got inspired by a case mod I saw that was white, so I decided to make a white interior:

Before:
IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9378.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

Sanded/Taped:
IMG_9380.jpg

In Progress (Primer):
IMG_9387.jpg

Primer Finished:
IMG_9393.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

Painting Extra parts:
IMG_9405.jpg

Final Coat:
IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9426.jpg

Finished:
IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9440.jpg

Last edited:

ScottALot

Nice "color" contrast! I have a similar thing going on in my newly modded Raidmax Aztec (will post pics soon!)

Jet

VIP Member
You should paint the thumbscrews black to contrast the white:p

Yea--the thumbscrews were stock silver. If I really wanted, I could get some black ones--the main issue right now is that the case doesn't even have a window in the side--that's the next major step in the process!

bomberboysk

Yea--the thumbscrews were stock silver. If I really wanted, I could get some black ones--the main issue right now is that the case doesn't even have a window in the side--that's the next major step in the process!
Yeah, those antec three hundreds are great cases for modding though:p

Upgrade that H50 with some white tubing too:p

Aastii

VIP Member
that looks so cool, at first I thought the inside was a cream colour, which I thought looked sweet, then I realised it was white, but it is still all very very good looking :D

Jet

VIP Member
Cool Josh! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

(This is Luke by the way ;) )

Wait...the Luke I know?! Creepy! :p Never knew you were on here!

What are you folding on? You could be using the SMP client! ;)

---------------------------

I'll be getting the motherboard on Wednesday and plan for the build soon after that.

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Never thought white would look that good, awesome man!

Also, great case for the price and you got it cheaper than I did lol :eek: that's a steal