Annoying Internet problem!

DH_rider

Right, i had internet explorer, not sure which number, and just recently something has ****ed up and now i can't open up two windows....if i click a link the old one closes and the new one pops up in place. I then tried to fix it and install the new internet explorer 7 beta 3..i think...the newest one on windows.com anyways. I can open up new tabs in it fine, but when it comes to opening up another window, a whole new window it does the same!!! :mad: When i click a link it does the same as before....

So i'm very annoyed and have no idea how to fix it! So any help would be greatly received!

Thanks

EDIT: Is it possible for me to download the normal IE? Normal as in being the one you get with new computers and isn't fancy at all.

Last edited:

DH_rider

GGGRRR IT DOESN'T ****ING WORK!!!! But mozilla does work....but i don't want to convert to the dark side...

PC eye

banned
Gee? I only had to reinstall XP using an "install to repair" method to get IE 6.0 back again! http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm That beta crap will foobar any system. Anyone that has put it on seems to have a long list of headaches. You are supposed to be able to revert to 6.0 by unchecking the IE 7 beta listing in the Windows components section of the "add/remove prgrams" in control panel. Often that is pointless. Hopefully that won't be seen when Vista is out.

Crypto

What happens when you right click a link and select open in new window?

Last edited:

DH_rider

Gee? I only had to reinstall XP using an "install to repair" method to get IE 6.0 back again! http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm That beta crap will foobar any system. Anyone that has put it on seems to have a long list of headaches. You are supposed to be able to revert to 6.0 by unchecking the IE 7 beta listing in the Windows components section of the "add/remove prgrams" in control panel. Often that is pointless. Hopefully that won't be seen when Vista is out.

There isn't a IE 7 beta bit..there's just IE.....

DH_rider

What happens when you right click a link and select open in new window?

If i go open in new window....it tries to shut the old window down...but it can't as i have more than one tab open so it asks if i want to exit all tabs.....

DH_rider

interesting....is it possible for me just to get the basic IE back? I'm a bit confused by the download section on windows.com so if you would be so kind to give me a link i would be very grateful.

Thanks

PC eye

banned
interesting....is it possible for me just to get the basic IE back? I'm a bit confused by the download section on windows.com so if you would be so kind to give me a link i would be very grateful.

Thanks

As explained earlier it took a repair install of Windows to get IE 6.0 back when there was no way of removing the IE beta. That seems to be the only thing that works since IE 7.0 is geared for the newer version of Windows(Vista).

DH_rider

It seems like there are huge risks doing that though! And i'm not really able to take a risk on losing everything. Oh and sorry for not realising what you said...

Last edited: