Annoying Internet problem!

PC eye

banned
i think i'll just take it to PC world or something......as i don't want to risk ****ing up my comp.

Do you have an installation disk or are you running a complete not custom build? If you have a full install XP cd onhand for a custom build the detailed instruction given at the link earlier will see the beta removed. But you would have to follow the instruction there to see the best results. For a complete system with a proprietary recovey disk included you may want to refer to someone who services that brand. You would need the disk used for the Windows installation in order to complete a repair install since it will ask for the product key. The repair install method does save the current installation while repairing the essential Windows files. But for a "newbie" a repair shop for a service charge has to offer best results.

DH_rider

I've got the installation disk which came with my computer when i bought it.

Yeah i think i'll just take it to a shop....cheers for the help PC eye!

Le GoogelGuRu

Erm... can't you just go Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 and that'll bring it back to Internet Explorer 6?

I used to use Internet Explorer 7 Beta and I had no problems whatsoever [you know, expect some error messages, but hey, its windows we're talking about].

Now I just use Firefox. :)

PC eye

banned
I ran the beta 2 version for a period of time where blank pages would open up immediately after closing a Windows Explorer window when browsing one of the hard drives in the case here. The "about blank" spells a problem http://about-blank-removers.org/ovtr.html as one possible browser hijacker vulnerability. Errors like this can also give the appearance of a virus or spyware infection. I don't know if the beta versions see the same problems in the 64bit versions of Windows however. It is geared more towards Vista over XP there. Are you Vista Premium ready?

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
  • 1 GB of system memory.
  • A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero2.
  • 128 MB of graphics memory.
  • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
  • DVD-ROM Drive3.
  • Audio output capability.
  • Internet access capability. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx