Another rig, for a student/gamer

jonnyp11

it exists yes, but it isn't any different, and really i don't know why they added it on there other than to make people think, hmmmm, this is a 560, this is a 560hd, hd on tv is better, so this one has to be better, i'll take the hd, now sdmit that that is what you did, but it is still the same exact card, there is no performance difference which is the reason you posted it. and you say you never said it was better, but the reason you posted it and the context it is in shows that you thought it was a better card.

mehul

Hahaha.I thought I would not reply but not replying was too damn hard. :p
Your posts are funny.
The HD has 2560MB VRAM :p
So it will have the processing power of a GTX 570 but will also have enough VRAM to manage the dual/tripple monitor config.
So for a dual monitor config it will help. You might want to google that ;)
And I do not deny existence of GPUs without even googling them.

BTW this is definitely my last reply. I promise.Since I haven't left anything for you to say, I can guess what will be your next reply so no point.

Last edited:
Your posts are funny.
So it will have the processing power of a GTX 570 but will also have enough VRAM to manage the dual/tripple monitor config.

BTW this is definitely my last reply. I promise.Since I haven't left anything for you to say, I can guess what will be your next reply so no point.

not everything on google is the truth dude, how do u know someone didnt go up on to all them websites and hack them and put HD on the end of the names of the gpus? you cant believe everything you see on the internet man. you may have not left him anything to say, but you left me tons to say, so why dont you take that and google it?

back on topic, lets leave it up to him if he wants the HD card or not

NinjaYeti

Thanks guys, lol

I'll probably only buy 1 monitor now, and use that for gaming and work, so ill get a decent size one, and worry about the other monitor later, I'd really only use the other monitor when working on modeling/animation to separate my tools on 1 screen and canvas on the other so for now its not a big deal.

So between the 2 rigs on the first page id only need to decide what power supply to get and if I want an HD card or not? other than that those would be the best for around that price? Thanks again guys :D

jonnyp11

Your posts are funny.

OMG get it through your head, the hd isn't even a 2.5gb card, it is just their name for it, there are like 8 hd's and some are 2.5gb and others are the 1.5gb, it is the exact same card as the others, there is no difference other than the name, and btw, the extra vram doesn't give it the power of a 580, they are completely different gpu's, not gfx cards, the gpu itself in the 580 is a more powerful one than the 570's gpu, i really just get so annoyed by you, since you keep trying to out smart me, and everything you say turns out to be wrong, even if it has a small bit of truth, like the existence of a hd, but the actual statement or advice is still mostly wrong.

NinjaYeti

So jonny if I was to get the rig you suggested it would give me the best performance for that price range, and all the screws would come with the case or something?

Troncoso

VIP Member
OMG get it through your head, the hd isn't even a 2.5gb card, it is just their name for it, there are like 8 hd's and some are 2.5gb and others are the 1.5gb, it is the exact same card as the others, there is no difference other than the name, and btw, the extra vram doesn't give it the power of a 580, they are completely different gpu's, not gfx cards, the gpu itself in the 580 is a more powerful one than the 570's gpu, i really just get so annoyed by you, since you keep trying to out smart me, and everything you say turns out to be wrong, even if it has a small bit of truth, like the existence of a hd, but the actual statement or advice is still mostly wrong.

The hd is a 2.5gig card, yes there is an hd with 1.5 but he linked the 2.5 version, which no other card has that much which is why it was linked, in case multiple monitors would be used....he also never said that the vram made it as powerful as the 580. This is what I read:

So really, that card would be perfect if more than one monitor is used. The 580 wouldn't be worth the extra money cause you won't see a big enough increase in performance.

jonnyp11

yes, but not sure what you're talking about with the screws part, and if you wanted to save money you could get a 570.

and for mehul cuz i know he really wants to say something again, i looked it up and the actual info evga put out about the hd v normal says there is a difference between the 2, the hd cpies the 560ti and will run slightly cooler, that's it, there is no other difference, it is just a normal 570 with a modified cooler, but even with that the msi's and stuff with 2 fans would run cooler.

troncoso's showed up after i posted

and for what he said he wanted the extra memory is useless as he plans to game on one monitor then do work on both or the other, and if he was to game on both monitors then yes, the 2.5gb's would be better, but since he'd have that nice big but bezel in the middle there is no point in gaming on 2 monitors. and the 580 will still last him a lot longer, on top of his budget still being higher than what i listed him to build, so if he wants the best he can get for that much then why go for a weaker card that can allow him to game with a nice black line between the 2 screens since the only real fix would be a second card for 3 monitors then he has either 2 2.5gb's or 1 card forced to run at 1.5gb's and mismatched cards ontop of that too (prefered to have 2 of the same model or even from the same batch is prefered.)

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
and for mehul cuz i know he really wants to say something again, i looked it up and the actual info evga put out about the hd v normal says there is a difference between the 2, the hd cpies the 560ti and will run slightly cooler, that's it, there is no other difference, it is just a normal 570 with a modified cooler, but even with that the msi's and stuff with 2 fans would run cooler.

The difference is, EVGA doesn't offer a 570 with 2.5 gb vram unless you get the hd version

mihir

VIP Member
Well this thread has gone way out of hand.
@Jonnyp There is a 2560MB version of the GTX 570, by EVGA
@ixiboneheadixi That is highly unlikely, that someone hacked all the websites and declared a fake GPU.

@Troncoso +1

@OP -
Here is the bottomline.
The GTX 570 1280mb - Will be great for a long time, and will destroy any game you throw at it.And amazingly powerful if playing games on a single monitor.
The GTX 580 - A bit more powerful than the GTX 570 and more expensive.Completely up to you.What we can tell you is by spending the extra $120+ you will get a few FPS gains which is not worth it in my opinion but it is you who is buying a computer.
The GTX 570 2560MB - Processing power of the GTX 570 with extra VRAM making it better for HIGH RES gaming, like for resolutions like 3840x1080 etc.ie a Dual monitor with Full HD resolution in extended display.

NinjaYeti

ok thank you mihir, the 580 will only give me a slight fps boost, will it have any affect on my modeling/animation work? and would the 590 be a better investment or just overkill for the price/comparison with the rest of my components?

thanks for your time :D

jonnyp11

i don't remeber the specifics, but the gtx590 is basically 2 gtx560's or 560ti's i think it was, maybe the 570 or 80, cramed onto a single board, so unless going for the 3+ monitor setup the 590 is a waste, and it also costs a crap load.

NinjaYeti

ok thanks jonny, would the 570 or 580 have any affect when working on modeling/animation work or would they be basically the same?

and ill let you know how it goes when I get all put together :p

mihir

VIP Member
ok thank you mihir, the 580 will only give me a slight fps boost, will it have any affect on my modeling/animation work? and would the 590 be a better investment or just overkill for the price/comparison with the rest of my components?

thanks for your time :D

The 590 would be a complete overkill.Unless gaming with 3/3+ monitors.

As for modeling I do not know since I have not used my GPU for that before - but if I am not wrong I I think modeling and animation are more CPU intensive than GPU. So the difference between the two cards will be less noticeable compared to gaming.

Last edited:

BillOhio

I think I saw a set of benchmarks somewhere where the 570 was 88% as fast as a 580 at 1080p. The price difference outweighs the productivity between the two cards and a 570, at 1080p, will play a game like BFBC2 (for instance) beautifully. The only way I'd pay for a 580 is if I were running a 120mhz monitor or multiple monitors and with multiple monitors I'd want additional VRAM.

Troncoso

VIP Member
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/305?vs=306

just thought you might want to see this mihir since you said a few fps gains, this looks like a little more than a few. although unfortunately it doesn't really do any modeling apps so i can't say if it will be any better at those.

Hahah. As a matter of fact, yes that is few fps gains. Look at each game, maxed out. Between the 2 cards you see an average of about 5 or 6 fps, with a max difference of about 10. Definitely not worth the extra money. For that kind of gain, you could just overclock the 570.

jonnyp11

first i have to say look at hawx, those are all in the 20's (although all are over a 100 so it doesn't matter really but still) and civ v leaders texture decomp is 32fps, but i did the math and the average is about +10.3 fps, so ha, i just threw away like 10 mins of my life to do that.