Antec 1200 Mod

Machin3

Hey everyone. I'm planning on updating my system for 2010. I am planning to go with the i5 processor, evga p55 mobo, a corsair h50 cooler, and some G. Skill ram. Now as far as the case goes, I'm planning to change some things on it. I want to get rid of all the stock Antec fans which are extremely loud and sound like some turbo found on a car or something. For that I want to go with black r-4s from cooler master. I plan on having everything black and maybe sometime soon WC my gpu. For that I plan on having white tubing. So, pretty much everything is going to be black and only the WC tubing will be white.

Last edited:

Machin3

I don't know where you'd put a rad in an Antec 1200.

I was thinking the same thing. I saw a tutorial on a different forum of this guy who put in a triple radiator in an antec 1200. He cut out a piece from the mounting bays in the front and he mounted it somehow, so I might try that.

ScottALot

Ahaha TJHarlow! I subscribe to him, how is it that I haven't seen this? So ODs still fit in there? And that's a good setup because the rad and possibly pump/res can be hidden in that same area, if you really wanted to.

Machin3

Ahaha TJHarlow! I subscribe to him, how is it that I haven't seen this? So ODs still fit in there? And that's a good setup because the rad and possibly pump/res can be hidden in that same area, if you really wanted to.

I know. I'm so happy that i found this because I hate having to think of a radiator on the outside of a case.

ScottALot

It'd work extremely well with the 1200's triple 120s in the front! But what about stuff for the 5.25" bays, do they still fit?

ScOuT

VIP Member
Sounds like a great idea...you gotta post pics of the build log.

A good place foer you to look would be the Antec 1200 club at overclock.net They have tons of pictures for ideas. Might be worth taking a few minutes and flip through them.

I'd post a link but the internet is soo slow it will not open the page. Just go to overclock.net and scroll down to computer cases and in that there is a Antec 1200 owners club. All kinds of good ideas in there:)

funkysnair

VIP Member
i am currently running my rig inside am antec1200 with a triple rad up front-you loose all your drive cages and you will have space for 1 dvd drive and one hard drive... You can get corner brackets to mount the rad. I'll post some pics when i get home

bomberboysk

i am currently running my rig inside am antec1200 with a triple rad up front-you loose all your drive cages and you will have space for 1 dvd drive and one hard drive... You can get corner brackets to mount the rad. I'll post some pics when i get home
Yeah, the 1200 is really somewhat of a pain for water, the easy way to go about water on a 1200 is to throw a dualie on the rear....

Machin3

A couple of people are saying that they would put the radiator on the outside but that is what I'm trying to avoid. I want to have everything mounted on the inside somehow. I'll try to figure something out and ill post up pictures after New Year possibly to show you how its going.