Antec 1200 Mod

funkysnair

VIP Member
That L bracket thing was pretty genius.

not really, they have proper brackets that come with all the fittings like what i have got!

19122009052.jpg

better finnish than the silver ones and the fact they have more mounting holes!!

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/underadbr.html

this is what my 1200 looks lke with white tubing

20072009545.jpg

20072009549.jpg

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
I would get that Noctua fan if it was black. But its brown so sorry. :D

I might get 3 of these though for the front: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610006&cm_re=nexus-_-35-610-006-_-Product

Black frame with white blades. :)

it isnt brown, its like a dark pink lol

basicly its a horrible colour, i have no idea why they made it that colour really but they push some good statictics

if i was to buy some fans again i prob wouldnt choose them because of there price, but i cant knock there performance

them fans do look good, they are not bad for price-are you going to use them just for case fans?

EDIT

if you are using them for liquid cooling and you want fans for cooling the radiator, you wanna be looking at static pressure aswell not just cfm

but im sooo drunk i cant give you statistics or guid you, bomberboysk is the dude to ask

Last edited:

ScottALot

I would get that Noctua fan if it was black. But its brown so sorry. :D

I might get 3 of these though for the front: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610006&cm_re=nexus-_-35-610-006-_-Product

Black frame with white blades. :)

There are only a few fans out there that are 100% worth buying. I can think of a couple: CoolerMaster R4 and Ultra Kaze. If you want performance, go with Kaze, if you want quiet, go with R4. I can't think of a mid-range one.

funkysnair

VIP Member
There are only a few fans out there that are 100% worth buying. I can think of a couple: CoolerMaster R4 and Ultra Kaze. If you want performance, go with Kaze, if you want quiet, go with R4. I can't think of a mid-range one.

you would do better going with quiet hich cfm fans but that is a difficult market, them r4's sound good,

if i never got my noctuas i prob would have got them myself, good static pressure too

ScottALot

Oh yah, Noctua's are in that 'Worth Buying' market, too. But keep them in the parts of your case that aren't seen... colors are terrible :/.

ScottALot

It makes me think that possibly the paint they use is like lighter or something... and black paint is heavy. LMAO If that's the case, then I'm a genius.

Machin3

I just took out all my parts from my case because I'm doing some modifications to the case. I layed out the parts on my desk in front of an open window and it being cold here in illinois (32 degrees F or 0 degrees C) I looked at the temps of my CPU and got 7 degrees C. :eek:

IMG_3222.jpg

Machin3

I decided to keep the OCZ XTC RAM cooler and I'm going to paint it black. Here's what I did today:

Went from chrome to copper and now I'm painting it black.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

Twist86

I know. I'm so happy that i found this because I hate having to think of a radiator on the outside of a case.

Just curious is that a bad thing? I always thought the normal place for a radiator is on the back side of the case where the outtake fans are.

I would imagine less heat in your case the better ><

Machin3

Just curious is that a bad thing? I always thought the normal place for a radiator is on the back side of the case where the outtake fans are.

Its not a bad thing. Its just that for me, I like to have everything on the inside and all organized instead of it just hanging out of the computer.

bomberboysk

With watercooling there is no "normal", with cheap swiftech kits they like to have you put it out rear, most people building a setup do it up top or internally however. Externally mounted rads usually provide better temps, but at the cost of not looking as nice as an internal one would.

Machin3

So, in a previous post I was painting the ram cooler but never showed you a pic of it so here it is:

Before:
IMG_1307.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_1320.jpg

It came out better than i anticipated. :)

funkysnair

VIP Member
good results on the paint job :)

i dont understand how your supposed to get better temps having the radiator near the exhaust fans due to them pulling the warm air out of the case?

thats the whole reason i like my rad at the front sucking in the cool air, i might only be talking about small temp differences but it all matters because we wouldnt be searching for the best thermal paste to knock our temps down a notch!!!

i noticed a temp difference in having my rad in the front (intake) than in the top (exhaust)

Last edited: