Antec 900 80$ (hurry while it last)

PC eye

banned
you didnt put the zip code.

Oh yes I did! I just removed it after using the shipping calculator to see the exact same as before entering the code. There's no charge with the UPS ground since newegg offers free shipping with them! You selected FED X 2 day and get charged big time with that. That comes up to only $10 more then paying for S&H during the 4th of July sale at FRYs. Apparently newegg must have noticed the sales on the Antec seen going around. :p

PC eye

banned
Free shipping is often limited to contental USA.

Unfortunately that's the drawback there. The free shipping is by way of UPS ground not air. Meanwhile time to put the new case to work here since all parts are ready to go in. :D

JSpecGC8

Good luck PC eye (like you need it). I have had mine for a month or two now and I can honestly say its the best I have owned!!

PC eye

banned
UPS was just at the door here with the new board, OCZ GameXStream 700w supply, and two new optical drives(one sata) for the finish. I found one place for Antec Cobra round cables for under $3 usually sold for $14.95! The shipping was high there. For 4 cables at $2.84 the total almost hit the $40 mark!

PC eye

banned
Awwwww... Geee... Just when I thought of ordering a second one! :p Since I am using the old case to upgrade a family member I had the notion of moving everything into the 900 for that person too. :( I wouldn't worry about it too much since they may see another one next month! Fall specials for students or simply a fall clearance deal.

The one here is quieter then the AeroCool it just replaced! The fun was getting their plastic 3 1.2 to 5 1/4" drive bay adapter lined up more then anything else. The new build here is purring like a kitten at the moment. :D

jayfx2

Just got me the Antec 900 Case from Frys a few days ago. Very happy with the price. Now its 119$ xD. Got mines at the right time lol:D

PC eye

banned
I guess you did! :p That was $10 cheaper then the 7/4/07 sale at $89.99 there. I can give you a few tips when you go to put things into it.

For mounting a floppy drive in the plastic 5 1/4" bay adapter have fun lining up the small holes on it. The flat end not the one with the curve faces forward as you see the 3 1/2" drive extend out into the custom drive cover with the opening. It all sits flush as you look down the front.

For installing one or more hard drives you may have to remove the plastic cowling seen on the top drive cage to allow for any ide cables. With one ide and two sata drives here the cover pressed against the corners of the drives. For the two front fans and mounting the one or more drives in the cages remove both side covers and simply remove the thumb screws to slide the bays forward.

Sometimes a plug from either fan will get caught up in the fan blades and frame there from shipping. When looking to plug the two front fans first look to see if you have the plug free or you will have to slide one out first to get at it if that is seen. The side cover will take a 120mm fan there without a need for a screwdriver with the plastic pins and retaining clips. You simply snap one inplace. The new build here is actuall noticably "QUIETER"! then the old build with a single 140mm in the front and 120 rear with two 120 one the side cover there.

PC eye

banned
That's still while not the same as the actual sale price being low. The sale for the 4th saw $89.99 + $18-S&H while this one requires mailing in a rebate form after paying that price in full. Other sites also saw about the same without a rebate offer lately. How about ordering without a rebate for $91.36 as seen now at http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=D03493&src=NT ? That's only $12 more if none are left at FRYs as seen before.

That's still while not the same as the actual sale price being low. The sale for the 4th saw $89.99 + $18-S&H while this one requires mailing in a rebate form after paying that price in full. Other sites also saw about the same without a rebate offer lately. How about ordering without a rebate for $91.36 as seen now at http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=D03493&src=NT ? That's only $12 more if none are left at FRYs as seen before.

$15 for Ground shipping so yeah....

PC eye

banned
There you go $3 cheaper for S&H to make up the difference on the 4th sale. :p

At this time of year and in 1/2008 you will often find some better deals. These are after holiday and at this time student incentives. If you shop around you'll probably find others offering lower prices now then over the summer months.

PC eye

banned
Thats the case I want :( shame im not in America !

You will have to browse the vendors you have in the U.K. to see if one there carrries it. You may have to pay a good price for shipping however? :confused: Still have a look around or see if someone here can point you to one.

PC eye

banned
SECOND HAND? :confused: OUCH! Alright! One thing about buying or bidding on anything "used" as the term implies is that you could end up seeing a case in just about "any" condition with no guaranty of refund if you are unsatisfied. Your best move is to locate a vendor or even retail store that sells online to get everything in new condition.