anti-virus

cyberkerisz

Antivirus Software, which is better?

Hello, I just want to ask something. What is the best antivirus that I should use? What is the differences between Norton, McAfee, Pc-Cillin etc?

I hope someone can help me.....

Thank u.

sypher822

Norton Vs McAfee.. I choose ZoneAlarm...lol

I personally think that Norton is better than mcafee, for the extra money it is well worth it especially when it comes to the firewall.

i think norton has better customer service and is quicker at releasing virus definitions, but as with any anti-virus software bugs do get through every so often.

I think it is important not to rely on only one security software, i run both norton and zonealarm pro in conjunction and i seldomly have any problems...

zonealarm is a good choice if you want cheap preformance..

sometimes firewalls will not work together well, from my experience i found that mcAfee did not like any other antivirus programs working when it did, odd but...

Sebouh

I hate McAfee, dunno why. I Used to use norton evrything. But i yesterday changed my firewall to outpost which is great and my antivirus to avast! which is also great. And i hope it goes well.

smftexas86

I have had mcaffe for the longest, I never had problems. Customer Service is great, and it is always uptodate.

S_Doherty

LOL, I always swore by Norton until one time my subscription ran out so I purchased McAfee for a change and it picked up on two viruses that Norton didn't....guess it depends on who you talk to I guess eh

cyoung

I have stuck with Norton for all my life and I love it... But Norton 2005 has some problems... Get a copy of 2004 and use that. (See me) But I use there coporate version. (Very powerful)

dave597

VIP Member
anything by symantec is good, mcafee not so gud - there security centre conflicts with a lot of things, avast antivirus is good, but i only use it for xp64. it is such a hassle to change when you have one working properly

Rambo

I tell you something....

I looked around for an Anti-virus software asfter my Norton Subscription ran out, and I read on a forum somewhere about free anti-virus programs. Apparently, AntiVir - Personal Edition is just as poerful as Norton, and FREE! I have had no problems with that, and it has a 'Guard' which I suppose is similar to a firewall. After about 1 month, I searched my system with AdAware and it only found a few....

Updates take a little while, maybe 2 - 3 days or so for a new file, but still, great for a a price of free.

Good program that... ;)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Avast!

AVAST! is a great and FREE alternative. Trust me, I am a happy owner for almost 2 years. GREEEEAT! I hope that it beats the hell out of those rip-off commercial competitors. Anyway if any of you wanna try it, visit http://www.avast.com , register and get sent the key for the free version. You will not regret it. One more thing, the updates are really frequent and glitchless.

JAN :D

dave597

VIP Member
yeh avast is great - it wil be remembered for the first to be able to support 64 bit windows.. and being gud of course

cyberkerisz

Hello...

I have tried norton for sometimes, panda for sometimes and now I'm using mcafee. But I think norton slow down my pc. Mc Afee is just alright. I never have problem with it. But, my friends said norton is the best option for the antivirus.

1st, you got AVG Free. It's something good and reliable.
2nd, you got Norton which is kinda good. It's taking a HUGE amount of time to load
3rd you got Panda. I heard alot of good comments of them
4th, you got McAfee. It's the worst anti-virus you can get. The V-shield isn't protecting your computer at all.

Links:
AVG Free: Here

Norton: Here

Panda: Here

Mcafee: NEVER I will give this shit to you

Last edited:

dave597

VIP Member
Also www.avast.com robina Im sure you said something about getting amd64, well this is the ONLY antivirus package which supports it atm, and its FREE.
IMO AVG is the most dodgy word of mouth spread antivirus i have heard - maybe its just me. :)
McAfee - im sure every1 has tried this thing - the security centre it installs conflicts with a lot of things and it is hard to switch off. Hope they remove it in the future.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Avast All The Way:)

Avast is my personal favorite mainly because it looks good, performs very well and is FREE!

JAN :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
robina_80 said:
hi guys i want to know whats the best anti-virus

come on fellow computorists... there are at least half a dozen previous posts on this topic... lets add onto one of them ;)